Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Tailights

monaro66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Manual - Morpheous
SS-V Tail lights

Ordered my tail lights from Holmart for $310 for the set. They arrived yesterday and I had them fitted in around 10 mins. Straight changeover and look great.

forbidenss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
dam i wish i new about that website , i just got some from holden $233 each !

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Ouch. thats tough. I'm glad i found holmart in my google searches for these. I was going to get a pair for $350 from a questionable ebay seller :-S

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Yes, I've had my taillights out because I was diagnosing a fault with them (surprise, surprise).

They are very simple to remove. 3 bolts under the boot carpet per light.

There is also an indicator module in the plastic cap above each light which doesn't need to come out though.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I think he means putting them into an Omega. There is a guy on the SC forums that has converted his omega to HSV tail lights with the full kit (except guards) and it looks quite good. Not simple but definitely do-able.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Yes, I've had my taillights out because I was diagnosing a fault with them (surprise, surprise).

They are very simple to remove. 3 bolts under the boot carpet per light.

There is also an indicator module in the plastic cap above each light which doesn't need to come out though.

Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

I think he means putting them into an Omega. There is a guy on the SC forums that has converted his omega to HSV tail lights with the full kit (except guards) and it looks quite good. Not simple but definitely do-able.

I did mean if anyone had tried because of the guard like you mentioned i don't think it would look right...

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

I did mean if anyone had tried because of the guard like you mentioned i don't think it would look right...

It looks ok, it's not like it's out of place or anything. It's the one of the only ways that you can tell it's not genuine. Plus the colour coded bits on the front bar which is usually black.

Here are some pics, hope he doesn't mind me posting these.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

19052008156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
lol @ dressed up commodore.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
it doesnt look that bad tom, sure it cost him a shot load to do, probable more than to buy a second hand clubby. But he is on his P's and alot of hard work has gone into it. The front guards and the V badge give it away. But other than that looks smich. Dont get me wrong, im not saying that every second kid with a ve, myself included. Or any commodore should go and get a clubby kit on his exec. But hey. really it doesnt look bad