Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Thunder daily work hack

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Bit of an update as I've been pretty unmotivated on this car and you'll see why.

About a month into owning the car a P plater decided that she wasn't going to stop for a stop sign at a T junction and ran straight into the back of the ute at speed. Surprisingly it held up pretty well from the impact (no frame damage etc).

Because SA got obliterated by hail late last year it took 3 months to get the car booked in for repair.
ZrD9VXn.jpg

Cut forward to yesterday, picked the car up. I got them to spray up my letterbox grille I bought a while ago while the car was in which looks awesome. I absolutely love those grilles.

But the colour matching on the new tailgate and bumper was absolutlely attrocious and apparently insurance wouldn't pay to blend the colour out to the 1/4 panels due to the size of the 1/4's on the ute.

So I've lodged a complaint with the insurance company and it's going to get reassessed, it actually makes me feel sick just looking at it. I'd have prefered to leave it smashed as at least the colours matched.

h7K0gCO.jpg

:(
PEGLbQv.jpg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah, that’s not gonna fly. I wouldn’t have accepted the car back, that’s pretty disgraceful.
Yeah to be honest when I picked it up it was super sunny and it didn't look anywhere near as bad.

But yeah, in hindsight it shouldn't have left the repairer.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Bit of an update as I've been pretty unmotivated on this car and you'll see why.

About a month into owning the car a P plater decided that she wasn't going to stop for a stop sign at a T junction and ran straight into the back of the ute at speed. Surprisingly it held up pretty well from the impact (no frame damage etc).

Because SA got obliterated by hail late last year it took 3 months to get the car booked in for repair.
ZrD9VXn.jpg

Cut forward to yesterday, picked the car up. I got them to spray up my letterbox grille I bought a while ago while the car was in which looks awesome. I absolutely love those grilles.

But the colour matching on the new tailgate and bumper was absolutlely attrocious and apparently insurance wouldn't pay to blend the colour out to the 1/4 panels due to the size of the 1/4's on the ute.

So I've lodged a complaint with the insurance company and it's going to get reassessed, it actually makes me feel sick just looking at it. I'd have prefered to leave it smashed as at least the colours matched.

h7K0gCO.jpg

PEGLbQv.jpg
Nice personalized plate upgrade (although I don't know what it means).
And that color match is terrible...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did you go through your insurance or hers? I hit a Cobra a few years back and did a lot of expensive damage. I told the bloke to use his insurance and and I will admit fault. I knew that if he went through his insurer and recouped the cost through mine he would have got a perfect job. Whereas I didn't want him trying to fight my insurance Co who might have tried to cheapen the job, because it was probably $30k worth, but the car was worth over $100k.

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

ZrD9VXn.jpg

h7K0gCO.jpg

PEGLbQv.jpg

My niece had a similar issue with paint match...Her car got pounded by hail and once the repaires were completed, the paint didn't match....It stuck out like dogs balls, the mismatch

The repairers didn't want a bar of it, so she complained to her insurer....Once the assessor came back out and saw the mismatch, not to mention some shite panel adjustment, due to the bonnet being replaced, it was sent back and done properly...