Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Transmission

shelldrake

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE Clubsport
Got a 2006 build VE SS auto. Great car but the transmission has problems on long steep declines where you have to keep braking to the speed limit. It gets stuck at around
3rd gear and wont budge till the flat ground. Once I had to stop and restart the car because it wouldn't change. Tiptronic was no use either. Fortunately I don't have much travel in such areas but it can be a worry. I'm talking about areas like Mt Ousley and Stanwell Tops as an eg for Sydney people. Anyone else with similar experiences?

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Not with either of mine. Have you returned it to your local dealer? What did they have to say?

Reaper

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Instead of braking on long inclines, try dropping the transmission back a slot or two. Doing so is within the manufacturers guidlines in Owners Handbook. Helps to maintain constant speed and premature brake wear.

MrCyberdude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Got a 2006 build VE SS auto. Great car but the transmission has problems on long steep declines where you have to keep braking to the speed limit. It gets stuck at around
3rd gear and wont budge till the flat ground. Once I had to stop and restart the car because it wouldn't change. Tiptronic was no use either.

Get an extended warranty as it could be expensive.

I had an issue where i had nothing but 3rd gear.
And there was no engine fault light up.

If a moderator can point me in the right direction
towards VE mechanical faults then i might post
my experiences after reading others.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
My car goes all the way into 5th gear and stays there, when the air-con is on it almost stalls, if you accerate it is still in 5th gear and that is in drive and not the select drive.
Going down a incline the gears seem to jerk . I think I will have take it back and see what the dealer says??

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
My car goes all the way into 5th gear and stays there, when the air-con is on it almost stalls, if you accerate it is still in 5th gear and that is in drive and not the select drive.
Going down a incline the gears seem to jerk . I think I will have take it back and see what the dealer says??

Absolutely.. make sure you go straight to Holden and demand they fix your car...