Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute amp pinout?

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Was just wondering if anyone here has a pinout for the amplifier that comes as standard on Utes with the premium sound system?

Also, where is it generally mounted, and what kind of input does it take (High or low-level)

I've just purchased some rear speakers (the ones that go in the bottom of the B-Pillars) and the kit i got came with them. I've already got a compact 4ch amp in the car so I'm planning on moving that amp to the location where the factory amp would go (It's currently behind the head unit) and repurposing the factory amp for something else entirely.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you do a quick search, you will find a link to the factory manual. That has all the wiring diagrams you could want.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Its mounted on the rear wall of the cabin, just above the battery location, but closer to the center of the cabin.
All of the rear trim panels need to be removed for access to the amp(and the speaker locations).

flashman37

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 wagon 04
Was just wondering if anyone here has a pinout for the amplifier that comes as standard on Utes with the premium sound system?

Also, where is it generally mounted, and what kind of input does it take (High or low-level)

I've just purchased some rear speakers (the ones that go in the bottom of the B-Pillars) and the kit i got came with them. I've already got a compact 4ch amp in the car so I'm planning on moving that amp to the location where the factory amp would go (It's currently behind the head unit) and repurposing the factory amp for something else entirely.
how did you go with this , i just purchased rear amp and speakers from a maloo, wreckers cut all the wiring , but has the plugs

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
how did you go with this , i just purchased rear amp and speakers from a maloo, wreckers cut all the wiring , but has the plugs
You're better off getting aftermarket equipment and installing that. The stock stuff ain't great.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached file may (or may not) help answer some of your questions:

Attachments

• VE Radio Navigation System Schematics (p2811-2816).pdf
    1 MB · Views: 50