Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute Pics

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
But that does not explain y the guard is flared like it is if it was a shot veiwing from the inside. Shouldnt its flare the opposite way?

LOL at scrap copper sign its placed infront of

aperfectcircle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute 04 VYIISS 5.7 M6
But that does not explain y the guard is flared like it is if it was a shot veiwing from the inside. Shouldnt its flare the opposite way?

LOL at scrap copper sign its placed infront of

No, as the shadows are at the top where it is pressed towards the scrap copper sign.

Also, the frame thing it is placed on.
Look at the bottom.

"UTE BSO R/H"

In white paint.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Ahh alrite, just didnt look right.

Would be good once we start to see a accual ute not just the parts.

Cheers for ya post aperfectcircle. im not soo blind now

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
i haven't seen these pics on j/c yet. i got them from utez.com.au who i'm sure got them from somewhere else

View attachment 38526 View attachment 38527

before you say it, the fuel filler isn't on the left. Look closer, its the RH panel, viewed from the inside. ;)

Front of the bodyshop. A forkie would have prob got their ass kicked over that.

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
I'm having trouble seeing this as a right hand panel - looks to me like the body work is shaped out towards the camera.
I do concede that the shadow is at the top, which is kinda hard to explain away. But I reckon that's just because the panel is leaning away slightly, in the shadow of the building, and the parts which are shaped out are reflecting more light toward the camera.
Like calais_cruzin said, it looks like the wheel arch is flared toward the camera. Plus the pillars look like they are curving away from the camera, like you'd expect if you were looking at the outside of a panel.
And it just looks like the outside of a panel - you can see exactly where the door and the side window are going to fit.

Of course, that does leave the question of why there is what looks like a filler hole on a left side panel. Parts for a different country maybe? Does Holden export to any left hand drive coutries? As for the R/H stencil on the stacking frame, well a few people have already expressed the opinion that these panels probably shouldn't have been left where they were...

Of course photos can be quite deceiving, so I'm prepared to be proven wrong :p

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
holden exports to usa!!! left hand drive, but i wouldnt think theyd swap the filler cap, fuel tank and all that over purely to pull into the servo on a particular side.

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
"i wouldnt think theyd swap the filler cap, fuel tank and all that over purely to pull into the servo on a particular side."

- Yeh, I did think about that. I guess that's why some jap cars (like my Mazda) have the filler on the wrong side - they don't bother customising it for a particular country. I'm just taking stabs in the dark, really. :yeah:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I will try and find some ute sides tomorrow and see where all of their fuel holes are. It is the left hand side definately you can just tell by the rear taillight cut out. I believed aperfectcircle for a second.