Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute Sound System

Wallace44

TRAWESOME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS Ute
All installed.

Haven't taken any pics - but will take some of the Sub, just to post up for ****s and giggles.

Sounds awesome. Very very impressed with it. At the moment though - the amp is being powered from an "ACC" power, I am thinking about moving it over to the same power source as the radio. Because, with the VE, i don't need to turn the ignition on to be able to turn the radio on... but - for the time being it is awesome.

Sounds great - can be overkill if i turn the bass way up, but with it set to "normal" it is awesome. Nice clean crisp sound... exactly what I wanted.

thanks again for the help.
Will

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Good stuff! But one question though. So let me get this straight, so the amp isn't wired up to 4 or 8 gauge power cable, with a 4 or 8 gauge earth cable?

If you have wired up the amp as I have read it, the amp wouldn't be getting enough power and there is the possible chance, you will be blowing fuses due to the drain from the amp!

I have found a diagram on how to wire an amp, to help explain it better.

You will need a wiring kit like the link below. All you have to do is run the power cable from the battery to the amp. Plus you have to put in the fuse holder and fuse, which is easy as. Just like the diagram below.

In the image below, disregard the power block and capacitor as you don't need it as you are only running one amp.

With the black ground earth cable, just earth it to bare metal of the chassis.

BRAND NEW 8 GAUGE 1800 WATT AMPLIFIER WIRING KIT 8AUG - eBay Accessories, Cables, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-09 22:31:54 AEDST)

amp_wiring_diagram.gif

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i think when he refers to power source he is referring to remote trigger wire

Wallace44

TRAWESOME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS Ute
Thanks.

It is wired up as you show in your diagram.

Like 2loud2old said - i want the trigger to be off the radio, rather than off the ACC to the car. Currently, if i turn the radio off - because the amp is still powered on i get a bit of noise through the speakers.

Nothing major though.

It's still awesome, love it!

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Yay!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry about that I misread your last post. I'm glad it worked out for you! Can't wait to see the pics!

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
it shoudl work fine so long as the radio has a suitable wire to tap into. Not having any experience with VEs I couldnt comment

Wallace44

TRAWESOME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS Ute
hmm....

my amp has chucked it in. There are 2 x 25amp fuses in the back of it. The minute i turn the car on... it blows both these fuses.

I have checked the inline fuse on the power lead, not blown. Checked all the cabling - appears fine.

The only thing i can think is that the amp is cactus (yes??)

Anyone have any ideas that i can take a look at?

Thanks.

D3ANOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE 2008
hey guyss.
just got my VE not long ago.
N I was just wondering is it possible to put a DVD screen in?
Couple of mates from work say that its similar to an XR6 where u cant put the DVD screen in at all!??
Has anybody got a DVD screen in theres?
So just wondering if its possible without going to mega extremes of installation the harder it is to install the more they may charge me I'd say

Cheers

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
you can add a dvd player either under the heater controls or in the glove box, but you need to buy a video in motion bypass module (270-350) so you can watch the picture while driving

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
hello all,

Anyone know where I can buy the Sven 4 or something equivalent from around Melbourne?

Cheers

Last edited: