Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Walkinshaw scoop on a VT

Nez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport II R8
Heys guy's. Just bought a VE walkinshaw scoop for my VT Clubsport and just got a couple of questions somebody may be able to answer.
Firstly, it covers the windscreen squirters so just wondering if it is easy to cut a hole in thick fibreglass or would it be better to move them?
Also noticed that its got an open grill close to the front which im guessing will fill full of water when it rains. Would it be better to cover the grills from behind or drill some drain holes?
Lastly, I received it with a minor crack at the top. Is it easy to fix?
Got a couple of pics. Let me know what you think.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Don't take this the wrong way but PLEASE DON'T DO IT. For the love of god no.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
yeah sorry that looks like **** on toast with mustard sauce not appealing at all

M

MattyC

hey man, its something different ay. But im having a look at the photos, and it just doesnt look right... :/

the sides of the scoop just dont fit in with the smooth curveyness of the rest of the car.
Not sure if you get what i mean by that, but yeah..
It doesnt make the bonnet look nice, to me.. :(

Never the less, it's your car, and what you think looks good, looks good to you.

To answer your questions:
not sure about the squirters but i would drill 2/3 drain holes for the grills because even if you cover them up, they still look like theyre in a bit of a ditch and if water goes there you'll be driving with 2 puddles of water on your scoop..

Unfortulatly I would have to disagree on putting the walkinshaw scoop on the VT, but thats my opinion.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
move the squirters to were the later models have em,

if you have to put the scoop on please mold it into the bonnet

I for one, actually don't mind the scoop! It's different thats for sure, although I do agree with GR3GA it really needs to be molded to the bonnet to get the full effect :)