Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE wheels on pre VE models.

nightojnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
hq holden
Hey guys, im just wondering if wheels off a VE Omega would fit on PRE VE models? Thanks!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I'm pretty sure stud pattern is the same, but they arent compatible. I think I remember reading somewhere about the centre hub being a different size or something.

Here (a quick google):

Holden sent the following statement to Drive on Wednesday: "Fitting VE wheels onto a VZ [or earlier model Commodore] is not recommended or condoned by GM Holden as it raises some safety concerns as there are two major differences in the wheels."

Holden said the VE Commodore has 14mm wheel studs and earlier Commodores have 12mm wheel studs.

"If a VE wheel were fitted onto a VZ [or earlier model Commodore] there is a concern that there would not be enough bearing area under the retention nut on the aluminium wheel, which, worse case scenario, means the wheel could potentially fall off."

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Wheels need centre bore modified to suit the "older" car, easy done and most machine places will do it for a small fee.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yes. It can be done.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
Only a fool would bore out a VE wheel to put it on an earlier Commodore.
When you bore out the centre of the VE wheel, you weaken it at precisely the point where the weight of the car is carried.
The wheel studs & nuts resist lateral forces, but the weight of the car is carried on the hubs, which must be a snug fit with the centre-bore of your wheel.

Yes there are "workshops" that will do the job for you, but they'd have to be idiots to do it -
probably weren't smart enough to get a job installing pink batts for Kevin RUDD.

Do you trust your life and your family's life to such people ?

See the warning, above, from Holden.

Last edited:

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
When you bore out the centre of the VE wheel, you weaken it at precisely the point where the weight of the car is carried.
The wheel studs & nuts resist lateral forces, but the weight of the car is carried on the hubs, which must be a snug fit with the centre-bore of your wheel.

Yes there are "workshops" that will do the job for you, but they'd have to be idiots to do it -
probably weren't smart enough to get a job installing pink batts for Kevin RUDD.

^^^^^Cool story dikhead. Keep driving your omega and leave the talk to people with a ####in clue.

Yes it can be done, and done properly. I had SSV rims machined to fit my vy a couple of years ago, i went to a local machine shop and they had the centre bore sizes and all the info needed to do it properly and safely. It may cost a bit more but worth it for it being done right.

To the OP what model car are you putting the omega wheels on.

jesta83

Supercharged
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1.com.au
Members Ride
MY12.5 Blue Car

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute

mj-laughing.gif