Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vehicle Manuals

Do you own a vehicle manual?

• Yes Gregories

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Yes Haynes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • NO

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Hey death from above I am in Brisbane and the state library at south brisbane has a full set of factory manuals for a vn that share a lot of parts with a vr .
I just photocopy the pages I need at the time.
The library also has the gregory type manuals for other models
The few factory manuals I have aquired are from ebay or swap meets....they are too exy to buy from gmh although they are still available.

P

portercg

I have a Gregory's for my VS and it's enough for what I get up to these days. Nothing compares to the factory jobs though. I feel they are worth the extra $$ if you are a serious tinkerer and have to re-build a basket case, plus there are update supplements with info on recalls and stuff.
Hey, is there anywhere on-line we can go to check Commodore re-call info?

G

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
QUOTE I get the impression there are alot of members that are a tad shy to have a say, or perhaps are fine with sitting in the background watching the action.

Hi all,

Following a gentle prod from jetspin_vl I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name's Mark and I live in the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne. I own a manual 3.3L VC commodore, and a VSII V8 Statesman. I do all the work required on the commodore, but give my trusted mechanic the statesman. If you're wondering why I still have the VC (Bombodore according to my wife), it was my first car and I will never be separated from it. My plans in the next few years are to put a 304 EFI V8 into the commodore with full leather interior, doing all bodywork/rust repair and mechanical stuff myself (electrics might be a tougher ask!). I've gained a tremendous amount of information needed for my project from this forum and a few others. My hat is off to all the forum experts, I am in awe.

On to the topic: I own the Gregory's manual for the VC commodore, extremely comprehensive and for a novice like myself great for learning. The only hassle I've had with it is when attempting to remove the upper dash the manual will be extremely comprehensive for removing ancillaries for 25 steps and then say "Remove dashboard". Or for the steering wheel, "Using suitable puller, remove steering wheel". It's a shade harder than that!!

Cheers,

Mark.

R

Robbie

QUOTE (d hsv @ Feb 2 2004, 10:58 AM) I would reply if I had something to say, however I don't own a manual, but have been thinking about getting one, so I'm taking careful note of this topic!
ditto

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Just wanted to say welcome to Demons1964. So Hi!!

I have a few workshop manuals and even though I've got a mechanical background I can still find them a bit daunting and sometimes just don't cover exactly what I want anyway. The aftermarket manuals usually give enough info on the most likely jobs THEY think you might tackle, but heven forbid if you need to work out the vacuum lines on something!!!

Also jetspin_vl I would like to say thankyou because its been quite a few posts since I joined on I had compleatly forgotten that there are people who come and don't actually sign up, now why would you do that...huh. With such a great site as this I find it hard to believe that you would not sign up...but anyway....

Regards Guy

G

grover

i have several manuals,all gregory's.fx to hr,ht,k,g 6 cyl,ht,k,g v8,hz v8,dirty xb ford v8{$5 at a swap meet,had a 351 xy ute at the time},vn v6,hilux petrol 4x4.they are all bloody handy at times.

K

Kabe

GMH Commodore VS Workshop Manuals

If anybody is interested I have a a set of factory manuals for sale. Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 4 & Vol 5. Missing Vol 3 which relates to V8's. Purchased new in mint condition with no oily fingerprints.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I have quite a few genuine manuals

HQ manuals in as new condition I think one is still in its plastic :)
VB-VK factory manuals including gearbox & diff manuals
VN V6 engine & EFI manual
VN V8 engine & EFI manual
VR Gearbox manual

I have a few other mechanical trade manuals also, basically I have a manual for every thing in my car.

cheers
Scott

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I dont have a manual, does anyone have a location to download a online manual (PDF)?