Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEII SS Door Badge Position

StupidQuestionAsker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
Hey,

I've recently bought an ex-cop SS without the badges on the side. Today I picked up some badges from my dealership. Has anyone made any graphics to help with the placement? I've seen one for VY/VZ, but I haven't been able to find one for VE.

Any help will be much appreciated. I realise that, as a last resort, I could find another SS and take some measurements.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Overview
apa7epap.jpg

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Lateral
y8evany3.jpg

It's tricky to see exactly because of curviness
mupymy8u.jpg

65mm in from edge on RHS, ends 280mm
Height from base
e7emyza6.jpg

Is an optical illusion due to curvature, 135mm from the bottom extent of door to lowest curve on badge

Last edited:

StupidQuestionAsker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
Does anyone know if it is really necessary to wash the badge area with prepsol before I apply the badges? I figured that washing it regularly should suffice, but I'd appreciate any and all advice.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Wiping down the area with prepsol, metho, alcohol swabs etc before applying the badge gets rid of any contaminants such as wax, polish, dust and dirt
and gives the badge better adhesion.
Any amount of foreign matter where the badge goes can compromise it's adhesion.
It's best to have it as clean as possible.
I'd use something spirit based.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Well no, not if it is really like hygienically clean anyways, otherwise it pays to wipe surface with alcohol in my experience.
I sticker up and remove stuff quite a bit coz holidays and travelling with kids - myriad zombie killer, drunken wife / swinger family, RM Williams, Autobot / Decepticon 3D badges, phantom mode / de badging, Sea Shepherd, Australia Day, Southern Cross, Motorsport shopping list, Masonic emblems, Piratey motifs, and atm I strike three flags from astern:
e9ubesu6.jpg

Comme ci comme ça... people pay a lot for and take badges too seriously... my ass be a masquerade :yarr: