Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Veii ss ute

Wallace44

TRAWESOME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS Ute
The OTR went in about 3 weeks ago, along with the mafless tune.

It's soo nice now. Smooth, and when it picks up revs it takes off. Awesome to drive now.
Looking @ cam options at the moment (figure while it's getting serviced next, might as well get a new cam & clutch put in).

Here are some pics;

img6252od.jpg

img6256k.jpg

img6253.jpg

Final Dyno run (red = stock, blue = in between tune & otr, green = final tune)
scan0022z.jpg

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Love the random dog photo!
You got a blue heeler and a brand-new Holden SS ute, Aussie pride! Haha good life

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Nice ute mate, which tuner did you go to, also how easy is it to remove the filter from the duspeed?

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
2 screws u see at the top holding that thin strip, unscrew them and u take the filter out of there, easy :)

Last edited:

Wallace44

TRAWESOME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS Ute
Nice ute mate, which tuner did you go to, also how easy is it to remove the filter from the duspeed?

Thanks!

I don't like to "bash" tuners or anyone online, it's a little unfair I think - but since you asked, i'll give you my experiences.

I went to WA Performance. Excellent guy, with pretty good service. I did have a few issues though.

they fit the KPM system for me, but didn't care to check why it was rattling so bad (to find that the passenger side cat was rubbing on the underbelly) so I had to take it back to get that fixed.
The rubber joiner from the Duspeed OTR to the throttle body wasn't put on properly. The bottom half of it was off, meaning my throttle body was open to dust and **** without being filtered. I was pretty pissed off about that - for a professional workshop, i expect better.

Other than that though - WA Perf has done a great job. The tune is excellent, and it runs beautifully.

The duspeed OTR, as has been said - is easy to clean. To actually take the unit out is also just as easy (not sure why you would take it out.. but yeah). You basically undo the hose clamps around the throttle body, pull the joiner off and it pulls straight out.

On another note - I decided a couple of weeks back that I wasn't going to do the CAM anymore... but i've backflipped again and am definitely going to do it soon.
I will be taking it to Street Quick Performance this time.

As soon as my Jeep is fixed - i'll be taking the ute in for it's new bits. Should only be 2-3 weeks away or so.

Cheers.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Thought of getting wider rubber first before u start pushing ur car to 300rwkw+ mark?? :p might get a bit wild in the wet

Wallace44

TRAWESOME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS Ute
haha. I have. that's something else I will have to investigate.
It's a bit wild as it is now in the wet - but I'll just have to behave myself :(

Actually while i'm here - whats the widest tyre i can fit under the back of these utes? Do I have to change wheels or can i keep them the same?

Wallace44

TRAWESOME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS Ute
righteo.

I have ordered a set of wheels out of the USA. 4x 19" MRR GT-7's. Planning on running 255s up front and 285s out the back.

Also, the ute is booked in to get the cam done on the 11th - 13th of July. It's before tyres will be on - but i'll just have to deal with it.

Will post pics / videos as soon as I can.

cheers.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Looks very very damn nice mate :)

Pitty to hear bout WA Perf, I was gonna take my stato there but I might look elsewere now.
If you dont mind me asking what did the exaust set you back??