Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEII SS-V Redline Recommended Perth Performance Centre

chamst

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Sportwagon SS V Redline
Hi Guys,

I 'm looking for some advice from WA Commodore Owners.
I've got a VEII SS-V Redline Sportwagon, 2010 Build.

I'm looking for a quality full exhaust, OTR cold air induction and mafless tune including the disabling of the AFM.

I have seen positive feedback for WA Performance Centre in O'connor and Active Automotive in Canning Vale.
Can anyone tell me about their experience having similar work done with their VE and was the price, quality and service good?

Are these two companies the most recommended in Perth?

I was tossing up whether or not to do the full exhaust, but by the time you do the catback, CAI and tune, you are most of the way towards $4k anyway,so might as well go the whole hog for the full benefit.

The car cost me nearly $57k new so why scrimp on finally getting the exhaust system it needs so badly?
The cars sounds like a 6 cylinder... I miss the real V8 growl :(

BTW The car is still under warranty... the std factory warranty has just expired but I purchased the 3 year extended factory warranty which has just cut in. I have read heaps of posts here on this subject but I am still confused about where I stand.
I did ring Active Automotive who told me they do heaps of these upgrades for the holden dealers themselves so as far as they are concerned, how can Holden possibly void your warranty?

I rang Brian Gardner Holden and spoke to their service manager who was an arrogant pr*ck about it.
He said no way, ALL warranties are void. He even carried on about how can holden warranty a product that is not theirs?
WTF.. of course they can't warranty the non-oem mods... I couldn't believe the pathetic attitude.
His attitude was hostile from the get go... what do they expect? Why should we wait 5 years or more to do a simple exhaust system... crazy.
His dealership won't see my car back again.

My understanding is Ford FPV will sign off (warranty permission) on some modifications provided you have them done at a recommended/approved performance company.
Wake up Holden, you have so many customers who love your cars but you treat them so poorly.

Anyway, any information/opinions appreciated, particularly, but not limited to, those in WA who have done this work locally and have a recommendation.

Cheers,

Chambo

CalaisV Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais Redline
I have had the same experience with the service department at Brian Gardner, a complete lack of people skills.

Give these guys a try "Formula Tech Dyno Centre Perth" can be pricey but they seem to know their stuff.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Try Cockburn Exhaust and Dyno Centre in Bibra Lake. Very good on the exhaust side.
Maybe try Formular Tech in Spearwood area, just keep an eye on price and attitudes.

mlm076

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
I used WA Performance. Mitch was great to deal with. I went with Mitch as he was the only person, of the many I spoke to, that was really willing to give me his time and listen to what I wanted.
I had VCM OTR, Manta Exhaust, diff ratio change (3.27), engine & trans tune. The car is so much better to drive and is still great on fuel. Made 342rwhp and i will be going back to see him for a cam in the near future.
One thing to remember is there will always be good and bad opinions about every shop. Walk in and have a chat with the tuner's. Choose one you feel the most comfortable with and go from there.

Another one to consider is BYE Performance in Welshpool. He puts out some really good work.

As for the warranty i was sucked in by City Motors as well. But when the capped price servicing somehow got dearer and the warranty covers f*#k all I just started to get it serviced elsewhere and put it down to a life lesson learned

Good luck and enjoy the ride. Once the bug bites its had to stop....

VY'er

FluroSSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV Sedan
Yeah mate BYE is really good WA Performance is again very good only deals with LS engines nothing else so he really does know his stuff I know Walkinshaw Performance covers all warranties if work is done there Holden will still uphold the warranty but add a few thousand on top of most quotes that you go to. Southwest Performance for the exhaust NAAF who is a member works out of Bunbury and is on these forums you can find him on Facebook he deals with Manta and Hurricane products and knows alot about that side of things and for probably the best price in WA imo.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Some god info there thanks.
Can anyone tell me where is the most economical place in Perth to get a Harmonic Balancer for L98 and the ARP bolt for it?
I am getting some crazy prices.
BTW where is WA Performance Centre please.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Firstly, read the warranty terms and conditions VERY closely. Even warranties marketed as "extended factory warranties" most often aren't. They're 3rd party warranties that cover what the factory warranty covered (hence their name) and often require 10,000km or 6 month service intervals (whichever occurs first) and require the servicing to be carried out by the selling dealer.

Secondly, any modifications are likely to void such warranties. Regardless of how much of a prick the guy was, he was almost certainly correct. You're replacing parts and changing remapping the engine as well as (illegally?) removing the MAF. What do you expect?

My advice: Try and cancel the warranty and get your money back. They're not worth it.

Get the mods you want done by a reputable workshop and let them maintain the car. Sure, there's a small risk something catastrophic can go wrong but it's extremely unlikely and if you maintain and look after your car you'll be fine as well as have some decent mods that increase performance, improve fuel efficiency and sound better of course.

Hopefully NAAF posts here as he's in WA and REALLY knows his stuff about mods (particularly exhausts). He'll also do you a good deal on a quality exhaust!

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
It's so good they can't even call it a warranty. Sorry you paid money for it. I thought they just throw it in during negotiations and get your money at oil change time.
It's prob like an old days used car dealer warranty where you would be lucky if your car moved from the spot you parked it when dropped off there.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I wouldnt go active they did a cam in my old ute and pretty much stuffed driveability, and it sounded crap as it idled way too fast, they lock there ecu i guess to prevent someone else seeing there crap cut and paste tunes, on facebook a car identical exact same mods made exact same power..,funny that. Furthermore they pump the cars in/out and send you on ya way, i dont rate there shop at all!! Try the smaller ones they take that little bit extra to tune the car 100 percent and are abit more friendly to deal with