Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEII SV6 Drivers seat issue

nutter67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
Looking for some help here, I own a MY11 VE series 2 SV6 sedan. I bought it second hand from a dealer in 2012, and before too long the drivers seats started squeaking when turning corners - the frame in the back of the seat was moving. At the 75000km service, the dealer applied the techline fix to the seat as it was a known problem, and every thing was good for a short while, until the back of the seat started moving again (but this time without the squeak). Holden did the techline fix again, and the side to side movement disappeared for a while. By the time the 90000km service was due, the drivers seat was starting to move from side to side during cornering again. The dealer refused to acknowledge the fault this time and over the last twelve months the seat is getting progressively worse.

Is this a common problem with the SV6 drivers seat, and if so, what is the fix for it? Any information or links would be appreciated.

Paul

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Some just squeak and they grease the pivots, some clag out and need parts replaced which would be why they don't want to know about it.
I would put it to them that it is dangerous and what to do when it fails. It was reported and you kept the paper work. Make them fix it.