Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very intermitant idle VR

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
Hi Guys My wagon has been giving me the S--ts for the last 12 months with its intermitant low idle and stalling...Never any codes..

Last weekend I did the throtle body routine again trying to find it. No fault found again..
After I refitted and conected every thing it was now worse for the rest of the day..
Short story, This time when I removed the body,I cut the cable ties that hold my vac hose to the MAP.
This upset a very small crack on the nipple on the MAP....
I could repeat the problem by moving the hose a fraction...

Replaced the MAP and hose and shes been sweet..

I got caught on a Bike in the workshop some time ago. CBR blackbird The customer did his own plug change..It turned to S--t after that...Lifted the tank and she ran well bolt it all together and she had a masive flat spot... This bike has vac hose every where.
:blah blah:
After pluging all hoses and doing a vac check, I found a leak in the MAP..After some hard interegating Yes he removed it and droped it....
If only ppl would tell you in the 1st place, then you dont have to waste all that time then having to listen to the whinging about how long it took..