Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

very low fuel, fuel gauge error contact dealer ????!!!

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey everyone, have had my 05 VZ executive for 7 years now and have never had any main problems, just a water pump change.. i had the alternator changed about 5 months ago to the police pack model so i have more power for my sound system, now whenever i pump my sound system for about 10 minutes and turn the car off, the car doesnt turn back on. when i switch it to ON, it comes up on the screen, VERY LOW FUEL, SERVICE VEHICLE SOON, FUEL GAUGE ERROR CONTACT DEALER and it wont crank :(
I have to disconnect the battery each time, wait 10 minutes, plug it back in and then it will start, but it will come up POWER TRAIN ERROR...

SOMEONE HELP :(( PLEASE!!!!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
When the problem is happening, you need to do a computer presence check with a scan tool. It will show you which computer is not communicating, more likely the ecu

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
its not something that always happens, just whenever it feels like it..
i really dont want to get rid of the car over something like that but i wish i knew exactly what i need to do to fix it

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey guys, last night i was driving for about 30 minutes and my radiator temp was just under the half way line after driving on freeway and after i stopped and turned the car off, it wouldnt start back up and it started with the message again, VERY LOW FUEL, FUEL GAUGE ERROR CONTACT DEALER! and it wouldnt crank, after waiting about 10 minutes it finally started and powertrain error came up, so i hooked up my scan tool and the following came up:

P0601

Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error

this link has info about it: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error

can anyone tell me what i should do? as the problem is pissing me off :(

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Id say take it to a holden dealership, The dash is saying it.. Link says it.. and you have no clue.. so I'd suggest that :\

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Id say take it to a holden dealership, The dash is saying it.. Link says it.. and you have no clue.. so I'd suggest that :\

i dont wanna take it to a dealership cause im sure they dont even know what it is and ill end up walking out having to pay $2000 for an unsolved solution. i know a few other people on this forum have had this problem

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
i dont wanna take it to a dealership cause im sure they dont even know what it is and ill end up walking out having to pay $2000 for an unsolved solution. i know a few other people on this forum have had this problem

What did they do to fix the problem?

202injected

Quality Engine Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec. 3.6
i personally would very carefully all the wiring points on the stereo install, make sure they are all secure and all the earths are separate and not doubled up. then i would install a proper earthing harness and finally a capacitor to stop power spiking. Just like you would install a surge protector on your computer.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
My bet is the ecu, same happened to me. Unfortunately the ecu is mounted on the engine and exposed to a lot of heating and cooling, more likely causing the circuits to eventually break down over time

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
My bet is the ecu, same happened to me. Unfortunately the ecu is mounted on the engine and exposed to a lot of heating and cooling, more likely causing the circuits to eventually break down over time

so i guess my only logical option is to get a new ecu?