Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very rough idle, vacuum hose diagram?

sidquick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux RN105
gday all, i just swaped the heads on my 98 vt and now it has a very rough idle, i have to keep on feathering the throttle just to warm it up. still has good compression.
im preaty sure its the sensor on the back of the left head. it has a small diameter soft hose that comes off it and a larger one diameter one which is much shorter. it has a 2 pin oval connecter and a small tapered shaft on the botom with a triangle hole in it. it has DELCO and REMY writen on it, oh and its black.
now... ive connected the soft long hose off the sensor to the small hard hose that runs with the fuel lines, and the short large diameter hose to ... atmosphere.

sorry about my novice, the only experience with efi is megasquirt related. non of this emmision s#it

cheers, sid

commo tech

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyss
check the hose that goes from the canister purge solenoid (located at the rear of the drivers side head) under the inlet plenum to the throttle body. very common issue

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
The second hose does not go to the atmosphere.... it goes under the plenum to under ur thorttlebody and plugs in... problem fixed.

bayse11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl, vt. R.I.P My VS Stato :(
This

check the hose that goes from the canister purge solenoid (located at the rear of the drivers side head) under the inlet plenum to the throttle body. very common issue

Hi thanks for posting this. I have just replaced my fuel pump and ever since it is surging and stalling at idle and under light throttle and keeps blowing off this hose, and when it does it doesn't stall or surge with the vacuum hose off? Any ideas on that? Cheers in advance