Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

very strang lpg troubles....

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
thanx again for the help guys. thats the problem the car would not run on gas. it would start for a split second and emmediately stall.

but now.. it will start on gas and idle REALLY ROUGH but if you press on the accelerator at all (even full throtal) it stays at this REALLY ROUGH idle speed. infact when you press the accelerator it runs even rougher but still at an idle speed.....

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
your convertor could be buggered. that would be somethign to check, but that does sound like petrol is running through at the same time too.. check to make sure fuel is not getting there too. i have never looked at a fuel injected car with gas properly, so i am not sure if the injectors get turned off or if there is a solenoid stopping the fuel from coming through.. i would be thinking the injectors would just be turned off and the fuel pump though..
just make sure everything is on and off when it should be while it is running.

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
well ive taken the converter off the car and looked at it. took it apart and all. BUT when i took it off the car i noticed something that seemed odd to me. there is a hose that runs from the converter to the air intake at my throttle bodie for the gas to enter the engine. when i took this hose off it had water in it and a fair bit of water at that. it also pured out the converter where this GAS hose goes onto it (from the water hoses too but to be expected) i am guessing this definetly means my converter is stuffed....... any ideas for getting a new (cheap) one? checked out ebay but i do not know what ones will work with my gas system ect. my system is by VALE.......

Last edited:

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
mine did this but when i was driven i flicked it over to gas from petrol an it went bang. woulnd start on gas, but if i started it on petrol than flick it over while keepen the revs up it would but once i stoped revn it stalled, Anyway took it to the gas shop an it was a little hole on the glove thingy that goes on the air intake ill get a pic an show u giv me a min.

cheers

Last edited:

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
my story of LPG.

hi, guys, I am still a P plate and have been driving the VN for 15 months. got the car for 1300 with a lots of problems unfixed. spent 700 on sway bar fit, high pressure hose for Power steering, service, steering rack and the car goed fine for 4 months. went to canberra and very cheap on LPG. but during the 4 months I experienced stalling once which I did not take any notice. after that my nightmere started. the car keep on stalling for many times. later it is far more often that women's period. got two mechanics checked it and one of them put it on the computer and reset the gas converter, the other one just run the car without putting on the computer. all they said is I tuned it and now it is beautiful, (45 please, 27.5please respectively.). but the stalling never change. stalling on tbe highway several times urged me to change the gas converter. I was very happy after spending 300 for that and the car went fine for 5 days before the stalling come back again. funny it is that no one could tell me why the car do stall on petrol. I have to run it on the bloody petrol to save my life which was and is very costy and I have to spent 420 to fix the fuel pump and the injectors. (20 liters per 100k around town.) thank god there comes Holden special summer service (199), I sent the vn and got the service and also paid 95 to check it out why it is so thirsty. copy the result and found the petrol light and the LPG light come in the same time. showed the gasman and I think he immidiately understand where is the problem for stalling( or he already knew it before he changed my converter). but any way I trust him. so the small switch which control the gas and petrol under the sterring wheel which is 60 bucks make the gas and petrol enter the engine is the cause of stalling on LPG.

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
:bang: :bang: :bang: cheers stato. ill check stuff like that out tomorrow. still wondering about the water though. the low presure gas hose that runs from the gas converter to the engine (throttle bodie) to let the gas in the engine had water in it. i seriously suspect this is not ment to be and that i need a new converter... :bang: :bang: :bang:

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
this happend to me a while back, turned out that one of the wires from the converter had come off, I just sliped it back on and all was wee.
regards kirk

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
it is a typing mis. should be far more often than .......