Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf -2 clubsport lsa

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Sounds to me like it related to the charger. The spring loaded coupler between the blower snout and rotor packs are known to cause issues with wearing the shaft down over time.

although this more often than Not produces a knocking noise at low revs and shutdown but could be worth exploring.

Has it got a standard blower pulley on it? It almost sounds like it’s trying to make a whine which the standard pulley won’t produce. How many kms on it?

I’m no expert but I’d certainly be starting with the blower.

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
Sounds to me like it related to the charger. The spring loaded coupler between the blower snout and rotor packs are known to cause issues with wearing the shaft down over time.

although this more often than Not produces a knocking noise at low revs and shutdown but could be worth exploring.

Has it got a standard blower pulley on it? It almost sounds like it’s trying to make a whine which the standard pulley won’t produce. How many kms on it?

I’m no expert but I’d certainly be starting with the blower.
as far as I know it’s standard I only purchased the car 5 days ago. But yeh if you change pulley size you need to get it tuned again .
45k bro

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
And as far as dealership said it’s all stock.
but I notice the air filter pod setup is not original

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
Dealership said they can’t tell via the video!! Lol they got rocks in there head? I’m a go off when I get it in Thursday

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Dealership said they can’t tell via the video!! Lol they got rocks in there head? I’m a go off when I get it in Thursday

You expected them to diagnose the issue from your video?

Perhaps take the ‘polite but firm’ approach when you are there in person with the car..

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
Turns out
now I’ve found out it’s had 2.5inch pulley added and a tune 500rwhp. the thing is not running well regardless. seem to be surging at high throttle engage. .
It’s going in for a tune next week. You think it needs injectors installed running lean? Or just a good tune from someone who knows what they are doing ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The person who knows what they’re doing would surely be able to diagnose the injectors if required?

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
The person who knows what they’re doing would surely be able to diagnose the injectors if required?
Yes exactly what they said on the phone.
ive heard nothing but good reports from this guy! He legend in the area