Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2 exhaust

geoffb57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS
looking at upgrading my exhaust and wondering what would be the difference in power/sound between a full system with headers and new cats as against a cat back system

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
SSV Dyno.jpg

If you add a tune and an OTR to your full exhaust (including headers) then about 50rwkw ish. This is a Walk'nstick tune so maybe a bit more if tune done with a different organisation.

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
Worth noting those seem to be VFI figures with the 6L LS2. I'm not sure if the same gains would be had on the VFII LS3?

I am no expert, but I assume those modifications would yield around the same gains?

Thats almost 70hp, nothing to be sniffed at. I really like to note of the standard VFII, I really would hesitate to replace my exhaust.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
That's a VF2. Back for touch up after 5000km. Walky exhaust sounds amazing. Have also had the bimodal retrofitted.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Jarp,

Can you share how you had the bi-modals connected? Can it be done through Mylink? Mine has the Bi-modal option since it's last software update, which out of interest was done over a year ago.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Jarp,

Can you share how you had the bi-modals connected? Can it be done through Mylink? Mine has the Bi-modal option since it's last software update, which out of interest was done over a year ago.

They used the existing standard bimodal mechanism and cut and welded them onto the Walky mufflers. Software remained unchanged and functions exactly the same as standard. Wouldn't know the job was done unless you looked under the car (except it has the Walky tip on it).

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
They used the existing standard bimodal mechanism and cut and welded them onto the Walky mufflers. Software remained unchanged and functions exactly the same as standard.

Dont suppose theres any footage/photos of this setup?

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
Worth noting those seem to be VFI figures with the 6L LS2. I'm not sure if the same gains would be had on the VFII LS3?

I am no expert, but I assume those modifications would yield around the same gains?

Thats almost 70hp, nothing to be sniffed at. I really like to note of the standard VFII, I really would hesitate to replace my exhaust.

no vf has had an ls2