Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 6.0 Litre Exhaust

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Change gears yourself in the auto and there's no drone as no AFM in manual mode.

I have 3 inch varex mufflers on my series 1 Redline. It does the job as far as adding a V8 sound to an otherwise silent car. Being able to turn off the sound for my 6:30 starts is good for the neighbours too. TBH to me the note sounds a bit off. It doesn't have a defined chug chug sound like my series 1 non AFM VE SS with 2.5 inch catback. My guess is the central mufflers are the reason. So if I had my time over again I would get the whole catback system on the VF.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Change gears yourself in the auto and there's no drone as no AFM in manual mode.

I have 3 inch varex mufflers on my series 1 Redline. It does the job as far as adding a V8 sound to an otherwise silent car. Being able to turn off the sound for my 6:30 starts is good for the neighbours too. TBH to me the note sounds a bit off. It doesn't have a defined chug chug sound like my series 1 non AFM VE SS with 2.5 inch catback. My guess is the central mufflers are the reason. So if I had my time over again I would get the whole catback system on the VF.
I have a central muffler on my 3" varex and even before my cam I had the characteristic thump/chug.Probably more in the tune.