Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Audio Upgrade

HWIROL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
Hey people,
I have a 2014 series1 VFSSV REDLINE & am looking at upgrading the sound system.
I already have the Alpine X901D & has made a huge difference in the sound.
The next item on the agenda is the front stage.
I’m looking at the German Maestro Epic 6.5” component system & concept coaxials in the rear doors with a morel 4 channel amp including sound deadening.

Is it beneficial/necessary to run a DSP? This is where my lack of knowledge & experience gets over my head.

Would I be better off running an amp with built in Dsp Like the Helix P Six?

Is it something that can be added to the system later on? What’s the major gain for the Dsp? To control the sound frequencies & depth?

I’m then planning to run 2x12” Rockford T1’s off 2x Polk Audio1000.1 mono block class D amps. (Already have the amps from a previous setup.)

Cheers

XR WOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8
WOW Awesome. I have a 2015 VF CalaisV
I used a DSP because I didn't want to touch the head unit because of all the car systems that go through it. I'm really glad I did. Everything works how it should & I have mean sounds, which is all I wanted in the 1st place. All steering wheel buttons work all dash buttons work everything works just fine.
The DSP I used was
Audio Control LC7i. Very very cool & must have. I got it on Amazon for $130 with dollar change & shipping it landed on my door step here in NZ for just under $200. Vest 2 hundy I ever spent.

XR WOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8
My car came with the Bose system 'cough cough'
Bull crap. The only Bose in my car was the Bose badges on the front door speaker covers. There's none on the back door speaker covers or on the back sill. Very dissappointed with the lack of base this car came with. You think Bose you think base right ?? Not in the VF's case. Worst sounding stereo ever.

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My car came with the Bose system 'cough cough'
Bull crap. The only Bose in my car was the Bose badges on the front door speaker covers. There's none on the back door speaker covers or on the back sill. Very dissappointed with the lack of base this car came with. You think Bose you think base right ?? Not in the VF's case. Worst sounding stereo ever.
I felt the same with the standard non-bose sound system regarding the lack of bass. I got a powered 12 inch sub from autobarn for like $350+$150 for installation and it sounds much better.

MrVR263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore ute
If your looking to upgrade your system how much do you want to spend first off? GM epic components are a good upgrade. If you want to keep things easy and simple. Do your speaker upgrade and sound deaden the inner and outer door skins also fit acoustic speaker ring kit and fit a kicker key180. 4 amp you will be very impressed with the system