Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Battery issues

Buzzk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv
Hi, Replaced the battery on my VF ss, as soon as I connect the battery lead the horn, wipers, highbeams, hazards start going. I tried locking and unlocking with key but that does nothing, car will start but everything keeps going. Any idea's?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the bcm might have been damaged during the replacement, it wouldnt be the first time it has happened.
if it keep happening every time you connect it then you will probably need someone with a scan tool to diagnose the issue.

Buzzk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv
Have a can tool that I used, saying that there are no faults. Don't know if my scan tool is as good as dealers though.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Have a can tool that I used, saying that there are no faults. Don't know if my scan tool is as good as dealers though.
you need one that can perform diagnostics on the modules, if you have an error code reader tool that probably wont help much.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Yeah will need to be able to communicate with the gmlan bus. Vxnano will do it.

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 SSV SPORTSWAGON
Hi, Replaced the battery on my VF ss, as soon as I connect the battery lead the horn, wipers, highbeams, hazards start going. I tried locking and unlocking with key but that does nothing, car will start but everything keeps going. Any idea's?
Have you tried to start the car after connection? With my ve after battery change horn goes off till i turn ignition on... might help

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 SSV SPORTSWAGON
Sorry disregard my reply.