Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf calais v spare wheel

Arnburger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais V
G'day all,

RecentLy picked up a 2013 demo calais v sports wagon and have just noticed a space saving spare. Is this the norm? I thought it being the v series it would come with a full size spare.
Thanks in advance

lithgowlights

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Holden Calais V
I have a brand new VF Calais V sedan and it came with a full sized spare alloy, so I wonder if being a sportswagon is the reason they have a space saver?

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
G'day all,

RecentLy picked up a 2013 demo calais v sports wagon and have just noticed a space saving spare. Is this the norm? I thought it being the v series it would come with a full size spare.
Thanks in advance

Options are:-as per the GMH Manual and I understand no spare wheel with LPG.

1. No spare wheel...only a can of Fly Spray to inflate the tyre.
2. A Space Saver tyre....limited to 60kmh hour.
3. Full size Alloy Wheel...cost $385.

Options 1 and 2, LPG are no good if you live in the outback....you need 2 Full Size spare wheels.

And/or did the dealer change the full size Alloy Wheel for a Space Saver to suit another customer who wanted a full size Alloy Wheel and replaced it with a Balloon Tyre...seeing it was a demo model.
Funny things are done at dealerships...and sales people come and go like football coaches. !

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
And/or did the dealer change the full size Alloy Wheel for a Space Saver to suit another customer who wanted a full size Alloy Wheel and replaced it with a Balloon Tyre...seeing it was a demo model.

I was absolutely going to suggest this scenario.... If the specs of the car INCLUDE something the dealer has taken out of the car and it's not mentioned in the add or the contract of sale, the dealer has to replace it! Proving it after the fact will be harder than priest at conducting the choir. Happened to me once but I checked before I bought it and the dealer committed to including the full sized spare. Plus I got to keep the compressor and can of goop that was from another car.

Arnburger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais V
The hole for the spare will fit a full size. I read the latest brochure and the spec in the back had full size spare checked. I will ring the dealer today.
Cheers

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
The brochure says the V series should have the full alloy. When I purchased my "standard" Calais, I asked for a full alloy. As there were no other Calais on their lot with the alloy spare optioned the staff advised that they would order an alloy with the next Calais they purchased and hand it over. Unfortunately for them, they forgot and had to order an alloy from spares and put a tyre on it locally!
So I aggree with BHP, they probably robbed Peter to pay Paul.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Calais v only became a full size spare from march 2014 build. At this time the RRP increased by $500. Prior to that it was a $350 option for a full size spare. The only car in 2013 that had a full size spare was the Caprice and Caprice V.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
G'day all,

Thanks in advance

I was looking at the 2013 July brochure on the VF.....it says across the entire range the Fly Spray Can is standard....the Balloon Tyre and a full size Alloy and/or Steel Wheel are all optional extra's....so I guess you can mix and match between vehicles to suit the buyer on the car lot and who would be any the wiser...particularly females (sorry)....you have to be very careful if you are buying off the car lot unless your deal is set in concrete....and/or if you order the vehicle with the options listed in the contract from GMH.....apparently you were not aware of options available....you could demand the Fly Spray Can as that is standard equipment....trust you will sort it out. lol.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The Inflator kit is standard, but Holden basically doesn't build them, because no dealer would order a car without a spare wheel. 99% of cars have a compact steel spare, apart from the odd Commodore that either comes with a standard full size spare (SS, SSV, Redline, Calais V and Caprice/V) or the dealer orders it with a full size spare as a $350 option (all the other VF's).

Dealers have the option of buying VF wheels from HSPO as spares, but they're more than $350..... Most dealers will just try and deliver the car with a compact steel spare and then add the spare wheel option to a car coming down the track and then swap that with the customer when the car arrives!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The hole for the spare will fit a full size. I read the latest brochure and the spec in the back had full size spare checked. I will ring the dealer today.
Cheers

Don't ring them....walk in there, brochure in hand and query from there....