Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF CalaisV Sedan Rattles & Water Leakes

wazsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V Sedan
Can any one tell me if they have experienced rattles in the front doors and sunroof, I find when I drive over uneven road surfaces that I have rattles. If so what was done if anything.

Also I would like to know if anyone has problems with water leaks through the sunroof on auto car washes that is without brooms or brushes, just pressure.

Thank you

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
water leaks, rattles?

I'd be taking that sucker back until they fixed it.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Can any one tell me if they have experienced rattles in the front doors and sunroof, I find when I drive over uneven road surfaces that I have rattles. If so what was done if anything.

Also I would like to know if anyone has problems with water leaks through the sunroof on auto car washes that is without brooms or brushes, just pressure.

Thank you

None of the above. But I would never take mine through an auto car wash. Sorry no leaks at all. Rattles a few but fixed, by me. Just seat belt vibrations when in the wrong spot.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Interior squeaks and rattles aren't a warrantable item after 3,000kms - too many variables. If it's a heavy metallic rattle (i.e. a loose window regulator), it would be covered though. Chances are though if you have tinted windows I'd bet a nut that the muppet that pulled the door cards off to tint them broke some clips.

Water leaks I'd keep pestering the dealer, it really needs to be fixed. That being said though if it's only when being pressure cleaned directly on the roof and isn't leaking any other time, I'd probably hazard that you should stop using the autowash. If you use a pressure cleaner the right way against a door seal it will leak too.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
No rattles; no leaks.
Smashfist - I'm with you on the tinting theory, rip 'em off and bang 'em on no care, no responsibility.

Koity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV

Thank you

No water leak through my sunroof and I wash my car with a pressure hose every now and then. Definitely take it back!

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Mines been to the dealer a total of 5 times now for rattles. They fix them every time and they come back every time. I've given up. Sports exhaust in 3 weeks will solve the problem for good I pray

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Mines been to the dealer a total of 5 times now for rattles. They fix them every time and they come back every time. I've given up. Sports exhaust in 3 weeks will solve the problem for good I pray

Lol no. That will make it worse. The vibrations of the exhaust will rattle the trims even more.

Why not have a go yourself? Buy some cloth/flocking tape, pop off the affected trim and go nuts.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Lol no. That will make it worse. The vibrations of the exhaust will rattle the trims even more
Why not have a go yourself? Buy some cloth/flocking tape, pop off the affected trim and go nuts.

Hoping the sound will block out rattles haha. Will have a crack myself when I get some free time.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
yep my VF CalaisV rattles to good to see my $52000 well spent lol ive got squeaks and rattles no water leaks tho i do have a dodgy rear windscreen seal tho