Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore Interior Lights

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
My car has the leaky air con so I am trying to dry it out. When I leave the doors open the interior likes (both rear ceiling mount and front map reading lights) stay on. I can't see a button or switch to turn them off. I am worried that leaving the doors open for extended periods of time will drain the battery and it will be flat.
All my other cars had a switch so I could turn the interior lights to either: Auto, off, or on - but I cant seem to do this with my VF commodore. I checked the main controller for 'all things electrical' and its not an option there.

Any ideas on how I can disable the interior lights on the car when I want the leave the doors open

Thanks

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Do they turn off after a time period? Most cars have this feature. If not take the bulbs out

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Did your vehicle not come with an owners manual?

If it did, have a read. You'll be surprised by the amount of useful info.

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Of course it came with an Owners Manual - are you brain dead or something.
Some people just like to **** people with over simplifications and smart arse comments. This sites intent is to help Commodores owners.
The manual has **** loads of stuff in it. I have read it many times mate. Some of the content is not relevant to the model purchased.
I joined this website to contribute and learn. Be positive and helpful with comments - if you don't know the answer - then don't Post, its that's easy

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Fred,

Not having a crack, but you seriously need to calm your farm Mate. I agree with you about this forum partly being about getting advice, providing help etc. There are any number of other owners and a few experts on here happy to assist. But seriously you need to get to know your car and have a good read of the manual, while trying it out on the car, before bagging the **** out of it and Holden! I accept that the water leak air-con fault would be a big let down and a pain in the butt to say the least. But I've read a number of your posts and you seem to jump to conclusions (usually wrong) that something is wrong with the car far to quickly, then claim it's rubbish etc, then bag Holden, your dealer and so on.
I still maintain that the issues being raised here re the VF represent a very small minority of owners or % of sales. I have not had a single quality issue with my Redline that I can remember. I personally know others that would state the same. That's not to say that others haven't had issues.
But seriously get to know your car!!! There's an old adage "seek first to understand, then to be understood..." If you don't know how to perform simple functions like turning off your interior lights, competitive mode, sport shift etc then what makes you think you're qualified to bag the **** out of Holden for things like auto door locking etc. The feature works faultlessly for me. Clearly the reason the car locks the doors if there is one key left in the car and one removed is because if you're silly or forgetful enough to walk away and leave a key in the car, then any drongo can just get in an drive off! As for one key, it will give you multiple visual and auditory warnings that you've left the key in the car, and will not lock, to avoid locking the key in! What else do you expect it to do?

All I'm saying is learn your car then you might be a little more objective in your criticisms or praise.

Take it easy and enjoy the ride.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Jeez. Having a bad night?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Lol - Yeah probably one too many...

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Your asking me if im brain dead yet your the one who purchased a $50, 000 machine and didnt read the book on how to use it.
Im not been a smart arse, im serious. Read the fking manual. Theres a sh!t load of use full information in it that would save you asking silly questions and looking a fool.

The best help I can give you is read the manual. It would have been easyer to read the manual learn about the lighting (and no doubt a few other things) instead of posting here.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Im going to go one better I found the button to turn off the interior lights without reading the manual lol