Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Dash Removal/Disassembly

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi Team,

Happy VF owner here since 2013. Just looking for some opinions. I’ve got some noisy air-con vents on my VF. When I turn on the car the vents “crunch” as they cycle open.

Our first attempted fix at the dealership was to re-align and lubricate the vents, which was possible from under the glovebox. This helped but the vents still crunch intermittently, so not entirely a fix.

The next step will probably be to replace the vents module which will require the dash to be disassembled. My concern is that we might accidentally create other problems as I understand removing the dash is quite complex.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with disassembling the dash and whether it’s worth the fuss?

Cheers, FR

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Ah, dash removal. Sounds to me like the ideal starter job for an apprentice !!

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Welcome to Holden build quality!

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Its is definitely more fuss than its worth. Theres info in the workshop manual in the forums.

If it still doesnt sound right, then go back to Holden and make them do it.

Cheers. Is there a way to get this looked at by Holden other than through the dealerships? I'm based in Sydney.

VZSV857

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 Built L77 M6 430rwhp
I've done a few complete dash and HVAC removals on VF. They aren't like old cars where you end up with creaks and rattles as everything goes back together snugly.