Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Drag Racing Times

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
As a drag racer myself I wouldn't be interested in those numbers as I would be questioning accuracy of the data and the users calibration, etc, etc.
That's a shame, because those boxes are used by V8 Supercar and other series race teams all the time, for lap data, G-rates, braking rates...all coupled to video of their laps etc. These aren't dinky boxes...the one I used was near enough $1500 piece of kit. Some of my friends who drive 8-sec cars at drag strips, use them to dial-in on long private runways, where they can spend a lot of the day dialing in.

I guess we all don't just live right near a drag strip. But, I'll contribute when I actually go to one. I'm more of a lap driver, straight line at an approved strip meet, is a once-off.

Good luck.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Awesome results GM

Have always liked the drag strip and taken my cars and motobikes there since I was 18

Sent you all details, maybe I've broken the ice for more to follow. Good luck with the thread will be watching with interest

Mike

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Updated list with Mike_ results.

Attachments

• Just_Commodores_ET_List.pdf
    33.4 KB · Views: 383

Wogachino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VF SS-V Redline
Here is my timesheet from last Wednesday at Sydney dragway. I'm right lane

'16 VF2 SS-V V Redline auto with only a tune. My first time at the drags and first run ever. I didn't do a big burnout as my tyres are nearly at the end of their life (19k kms on the original tyres) and forgot to torque boost.

Unfortunately only got to the 1 run as the track got shut down to due dew on the track thanks to the weather.

Left lane was a FPV F6 Typhoon auto with work done. I had him until the last 100 meters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180709-215213_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20180709-215213_WhatsApp.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
With Wogachino's Pass

Attachments

• Just_Commodores_ET_List_2.pdf
    34.2 KB · Views: 358

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Thanks .05,

The car has just clicked over 7,000km so it is still pretty new (and tight). It should be faster than it is, (the mph is showing should be a very low 11) and the 60' is slow so the next bit of tuning is going to improve the off idle power to try and pick up ET to 60'.

Being a wagon it is heavier than a sedan or ute, but still that's only 0.1's of a second (100Lb = 0.1sec in ET.)

Higgins CNC Heads, Harrop Cam, Harrop OTR, SDC Converter, 3.70 Holden Diff. Engine and trans tuning. At the track I use Mickey Thompson Drag Radials so I don't have any tyre slip issues. I also have Coil overs with bump and rebound adjustment.

Fuel economy is good and bad. Good on the freeway when the converter is locked and sitting on 100kmh I can get 9.5-10lt/100km easily. However as soon as I get into traffic (stop start on the freeway or around town) due to the torque converter requiring more pedal to get the car moving, fuel economy can easily go up over 25lt/100km.

My long term average over 500km is at 18.1lt/100km at the moment. Acceptable for an almost 600hp daily driver.

Mate, what wheels have you put the Mickey Thompson drag tyres on ? I'm trying to find a set of cheap wheels that will clear the Brembo's.

The factory Bridgestone's are woeful when it comes to handling the bit of extra power mine has

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, what wheels have you put the Mickey Thompson drag tyres on ? I'm trying to find a set of cheap wheels that will clear the Brembo's.

The factory Bridgestone's are woeful when it comes to handling the bit of extra power mine has

Hey Pete,

I had Koya make a special set of Forged wheels that are 18 x 10 +57 and fit the Mickey Thompson 285/40R18 tyres under the guards without rolling or trimming. They're tight on the inside (within 5mm of the inside of the body) but they fit.

Being Forged they are expensive and Koya may offer the same size in their 'Semi-Forged' range which are a bit cheaper. (The semi forged also fit over HSV brakes which are bigger than the Brembo's)

I saw guys at Calder a couple of weeks ago running off the shelf wheels that stand out past the wheel arch and look crap and scrub the tyre on launch and going over bumps. Not good.

They're advertising them on Facebook as their 'Drag pack' wheels so make sure you let them know where you saw them so they know they work I did with them to get them to fit (after they and everyone told me they wouldn't) was worth it. :)

And I made the centre caps myself. :)

Koya_18x10_2.jpg
Koya_18x10_3.jpg
Koya_18x10_4.jpg
Wheel_Machining_Jan18.jpg
Wheel_Machining_Jan18_2.jpg
Wheel_Machining_Jan18_3.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice. I bet those cost a pretty penny.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice. I bet those cost a pretty penny.

Not too bad. Custom design and machined to my specifications $1,350.00 each. Everyone gets to benefit from my work. :)

Tyres are reasonably priced these days, considering how bad the USD is at the moment.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Thanks for the info :) The wheels look great