Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke wagon 2017 110,000 klm for 17 K. Mad or not ?

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Dudes got a 2017 Evoke wagon with 110 K on it. Got 4 years left on car yard warranty which means ****. !

Full log books and all receipts for work just done on it. After market HD tow bar is 1200 and god knows what a arse end upgrade runs ?.

He was going to tow so upgraded the rear suspension and fitted a new HD tow bar . Cars showroom and he wants 17 K. I've seen the papers, he paid a shed load more than that and Red Book says up to 18 K.

My 2015 Evoke has 275 K on it so thinking of upgrading . Na, don't want a SV6.

Would you pay that for a plum ride. ???? Dunno. Last of the VF' S right there.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’d consider it, but I do like the HUD so the SV6 or Calais would be played against it in my mind.
You seem to do a lot of km’s, it’s got to be a lot more cost-effective in your case to get the base model & get one in great nick like this.

To most it wouldn’t be “a huge bargain“, I think; but it doesn’t seem overpriced to me either.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Yer, I'd only have to do a gearbox in my old VF and it's a 6 K rebuild right there. I'm thinking that to upgrade to a 110000 KLM car for around 6 K upfront could be a sterling idea for me.

Guy can't sell it at his price, most people would go the SV6 but for me it could be a nice deal. His original idea of road tripping is dead, he's crook.

Might pop down next week for a look. And Na, don't want that SV6, my old Evoke towed my Van brilliantly and achieved superb economy .

Last edited:

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Screenshot_20231125-080347_OneDrive.jpg

Reactions: Lex

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Just a bit of info on how well the basic Evoke went on my last roady. Punched out 30,000 klm and the only thing I did before that trip was fit a transcooler, it achieved 11 litre @ 100 KLM.

Zero issues except the ones caused by humans wrenching on it. Such a brilliant car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Dudes got a 2017 Evoke wagon with 110 K on it. Got 4 years left on car yard warranty which means ****. !

Full log books and all receipts for work just done on it. After market HD tow bar is 1200 and god knows what a arse end upgrade runs ?.

He was going to tow so upgraded the rear suspension and fitted a new HD tow bar . Cars showroom and he wants 17 K. I've seen the papers, he paid a shed load more than that and Red Book says up to 18 K.

My 2015 Evoke has 275 K on it so thinking of upgrading . Na, don't want a SV6.

Would you pay that for a plum ride. ???? Dunno. Last of the VF' S right there.
I'd consider it, but realise you could be buying somebody else's problems, and you'll have to fit things like trans coolers again...

However, an SV6 or Calais is a better buy IMO, as you get more features and the more powerful 3.6 V6... Also fuel economy will probably be similar when towing...

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Mate, when we buy second hand cars it's always a bit of a gamble, all we can do is go by the log books and at best get a mechanic to go through it.

I'd love to buy it from my mum who always had my back but unfortunately she's dead.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Your money, your choice and reading between the lines, it does seem you have your heart set on it so jump on it

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
And Na, don't want that SV6, my old Evoke towed my Van brilliantly and achieved superb economy .
Just on this … reason to not want SV6 is extra cost to buy & hence extra depreciation, and that’s basically it.
You wouldn’t see worse fuel economy while towing due to less need for throttle with the extra power/torque at hand - you may see a few dollar’s worth a year when not towing but that’s about all - and there’s nothing I’ve read/seen which says the 3.6L version of the same engine is any less reliable than the 3L version.

Not dissing the Evoke in any way with that, mind you!

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Yep, I take onboard your info on the SV6. Thanks.