Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF GTS floor section exhaust on SS

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
So I just bought the complete cat-back from a VF GTS for my yet to be purechased VF2 redline (Should have the car in the next 2 weeks).

Will this bolt right up to the stock headers, or do I need a set of HSV headers to match?

If so, do they have to be GTS specific or will any hsv headers do (Clubsport etc)?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
It well bolt straight up to your car.
But you do need to get some O2 plugs welded on the GTS exhaust.

If you got the GTS mufflers as well I’d leave them off and use your standard mufflers.

I bought the GTS mid section and VF2 mufflers for my Series1 and love the sound it’s louder with out being obnoxious (unless it’s 5am then it’s probably a bit loud) also you well still be able to use your mylink to control the exhaust.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
It will bolt up to your stock cats but if you have HSV cans they won’t fit due to rear balance being different,use your std cans they will bolt up to intermediant section,make sure you have bung holes welded in for lambdas as you have four of them,front into std cats and two into the pipes you are getting,std headers are ok but try and get HSV headers and cats to set it off,two bloke can change the intermediate pipes in about fifteen minutes real easy.

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Thanks guys!

Just won a set of HSV headers on eBay also, so looks like i'll have the whole HSV system and just use my std mufflers. Thanks for all the help.

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Is there a particular size bung that I need to get? Just asking if anyone knows, that way I can have all the parts already when I have the car and can do it all at once.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Is there a particular size bung that I need to get? Just asking if anyone knows, that way I can have all the parts already when I have the car and can do it all at once.
I think they're all a standard size. The exhaust shop will know.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
All bungs are std size,if your pipes don’t have them a shop shall weld them in easy job,but make sure you have them before you fit it up,yours should have them,fitting the headers is real easy,bolt up cats to headers then slip them in and bolt to engine then fit middle pipes then cans.