Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf gtsr maloo

stevec4161

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz storm ute
Hi all my first time on here be kind.
Have a 2017 gtsr maloo .
Battery was near 5 years old when I let it go flat after 3 weeks away.
Had new battery fitted by racq .Can't leave it longer than 2 weeks otherwise have to jump it. Put it down to bad battery after 6 months and replaced under warranty. New battery exactly the same. The guages on the dash say it's charging at 14.8 to 15.1.
Some have told me it's a ecu fault as these have a smart alternator and charges at different levels.
I searched other threads on here and some say 15. 1v is acceptable.
Thank you in advance.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
15v is fine on VE VF, if the battery is fully charged and it only sits for couple weeks then id check for any draw from something, they should last much longer

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Had new battery fitted by racq
What battery is it?

These are the best I've used for cars sitting around.

113112.jpg

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My Ute can sit for a few months without being driven and it starts straight away as do a number of other cars I have.

Anything longer and I will connect the trickle charger if I intend to drive them.

As 07GTS has said, the issue may not be the battery.

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Welcome pics of your whip please !

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
My Ute can sit for a few months without being driven and it starts straight away as do a number of other cars I have.

Anything longer and I will connect the trickle charger if I intend to drive them.

As 07GTS has said, the issue may not be the battery.
I haven't driven my ute for 8 months and I trickle charge the battery at the beginning of each month, start the engine and run it for 20 minutes.

I'm a bit cautious of letting batteries go flat in VF's after blowing the climate control module on my old GenF R8 trying to start it with a flat battery and an underpowered jumper pack.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
from my restarts i can easy do a month and even 1.5 to 2 months should be doable without issue on a otherwise good battery (ive got biggest to fit VE 780cca i think) if ur sitting for longer or just want to keep it topped up then get a trickle charger, if battery is dead after a couple weeks or month u have something causing it, u can get a multimeter and check draw when its all off and sitting for half hour or so see if its decent, then if u find something u can then start to remove fuses to see what it is

stevec4161

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz storm ute
from my restarts i can easy do a month and even 1.5 to 2 months should be doable without issue on a otherwise good battery (ive got biggest to fit VE 780cca i think) if ur sitting for longer or just want to keep it topped up then get a trickle charger, if battery is dead after a couple weeks or month u have something causing it, u can get a multimeter and check draw when its all off and sitting for half hour or so see if its decent, then if u find something u can then start to remove fuses to see what it is
Yes thanks for that ,will try that option!