Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Heated Seats

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
Has anyone installed heated seats in a VF Redline, either genuine or an aftermarket item? Tried them out on my brothers M5 and love them, they did wonders for lower back pain. Just want to know if anyone has done it, what ones did you go with? Thank you.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've said this on other forums, "heated seats make me want to go to the loo".

Probably a good thing for people with back pain.

Outside of that they may work well in the colder Southern States but up here I don't see a need for them, I'd rather have cool air channelled through for summer driving.

I'll be interesting to see if anyone has ever fitted them to a Redline but I don't think there would be many and it may be best to enquire with a dealer to the possibly and costs and let the forum know.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Agree.

I have heated seats in my Calais V, and would much rather have ventilated seats for summer.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
i just installed some hsv seats into my vf ssv redline that are heated , i recently conquered the power source for the passenger seat which wasn't electric . now that have done this i want to sort out how to make the heated seats work , i know you can buy a kit off eBay for $50 which has the wiring and heating pad .

if i could only have some idea as to which wires are the heating , and how to incorporate a switch it'd be so good to have working . i start work in the early hours of the morning and its freezing getting into the cold leather seats even though i run the heater on startup while the car warms up remotely .

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Try and find a legal copy of the Holden VF/WN Sedan, Ute, Sportwagon, Caprice, Lumina, HSV Workshop Service Repair Manual and you will find the schematic under the seats section.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
I just picked up the hsv screen surround with the heated seat buttons on it , interesting to see those buttons wire into the head unit

i will have a look around for that manual

Nickjankz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
He
i just installed some hsv seats into my vf ssv redline that are heated , i recently conquered the power source for the passenger seat which wasn't electric . now that have done this i want to sort out how to make the heated seats work , i know you can buy a kit off eBay for $50 which has the wiring and heating pad .

if i could only have some idea as to which wires are the heating , and how to incorporate a switch it'd be so good to have working . i start work in the early hours of the morning and its freezing getting into the cold leather seats even though i run the heater on startup while the car warms up remotely .

Hey mate, would you mind sharing how you went about connecting power to the passanger seat?

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
Old post but love to know more on the wiring for the passenger seat!!!