Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
OK got the auto park sorted, the are ordering a new sensor; as it was faulty. A few days to get the part and have it painted the right colour and she's all good!

Again, glad it's sorted but worrying that another part has failed after only 2+ years. :unsure:

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Have been reading through here there is a software date due around now. Does anyone know if it will improve the climate control? My car due for a service next month so want to ask the dealer the question.

Budgie Smuggler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 Clubsport
Hi all
Has anyone had issues with their vf that the power accessory sockets don't supply enough juice to charge their phone? I have tried both sockets and 2 different chargers. It shows charging but after an hour (without use) doesn't even add 1% to the batt. It's not a brick, just an everyday Samsung galaxy android.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi all
Has anyone had issues with their vf that the power accessory sockets don't supply enough juice to charge their phone? I have tried both sockets and 2 different chargers. It shows charging but after an hour (without use) doesn't even add 1% to the batt. It's not a brick, just an everyday Samsung galaxy android.

I did have that early on.
My problem was with the charging adapter that plugs into the power socket, It was only rated to 0.1 amp so it was never going to work.
I changed that and it was all good.

fuzzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Sportwagon
Also check that the charger and cable is suitable for Samsung. The Samsung use a different USB pin for charging than Apple.

raymondmarsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore vf sv6 strom
Hey guys i got a sv6 storm the other day and im yry to get the gps to work but it has not gps singal does anyone know bot to fix it or hard reset mylink

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
1. Have you tried to get a signal out in the open? If the car is parked under a metal roof, getting a signal can be difficult.

2. Is the audio system switched on? It has to be for the GPS to work.

3. Is the aerial present and screwed in properly? Is it the original long whip aerial, or has someone replaced it with a "bee's dick" version? If the latter, reception may not be as good.

4. What do you see on the MyLink screen when you press the 'Nav" button?

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
OK got the auto park sorted, the are ordering a new sensor; as it was faulty. A few days to get the part and have it painted the right colour and she's all good!
this remind me of testing my auto park as i never tried them since i got the car.

raymondmarsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore vf sv6 strom
1. Have you tried to get a signal out in the open? If the car is parked under a metal roof, getting a signal can be difficult.

2. Is the audio system switched on? It has to be for the GPS to work.

3. Is the aerial present and screwed in properly? Is it the original long whip aerial, or has someone replaced it with a "bee's dick" version? If the latter, reception may not be as good.

4. What do you see on the MyLink screen when you press the 'Nav" button?

Hey man i got the long aerial it says gps with a red line though it

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Ah. If you see the letters GPS with a red line through them on your screen, that means you have no GPS signal. This may be a silly question, but are you sure your Storm has the satnav fitted? IIRC, with the VF1 Storms you had to pay extra for it. Look at the dashboard. Do you have button with NAV on it, or is there only a Pause button (l l) for the CD? If you've got the pause button, then the Holden satnav isn't fitted.

If you're SURE you have a satnav, then it looks like you'll need a trip to a dealer to have it looked at.

Good luck!