Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Ok so I went looking for the source of this rattle under the hood today and found it pretty quickly. The noise seemed to be coming from the front passenger side floor pan or firewall when I'm driving. Had a look in the engine bay and saw the small piece of heat shield in the upper corner of the firewall on that side that was held in by 2 flat plastic nuts and they were loose allowing it to vibrate & contact the inner guard. There is also an aircon line there which was being contacted also. Tightened them up and good bye rattle. I would have thought the service rep and workshop guy should have picked this up when they drove it and checked it out but anyway..

stucatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm
Something really small but it's killing my OCD - The ambient temp is usually displayed on the Mylink screen next to the time in my SV6. Today, it's gone - no temp. I went through the options and I can't see any way to turn it off or on and I haven't changed anything that I can think of. Is there anything I can do/try ? Does anyone know of a setting that I haven't seen (I tried looking in the manual but didn't see anything applicable) ? Or is it possible there is something more sinister at play with the sensor ?

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Could try disconnecting the battery for a while and seeing if a reset brings it back. Although usually the temp disappearing completely would mean the sensor is either disconnected or failed entirely (as opposed to the more common sensor failures simply causing erroneous temp measurements).

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Temp will only display with ignition on, won't display with just the radio on/accessories on as it gets a data feed from the BCM which isn't awake in that state.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Had a fault today with the car not detecting the remote, was like it had a flat battery. Pushed the door button and unlock on the remote, nothing. Got the spare remote and exactly the same. Ended up opening the door with the key which set the horn off. After I pressed the start button it seemed to reset the car and power came back.

Then on driving down the road air con blew hot air. All was pretty weird.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Then on driving down the road air con blew hot air. All was pretty weird.
think we should all start raising this issue with holden. More people complaint about this issue only they will look at it.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
think we should all start raising this issue with holden. More people complaint about this issue only they will look at it.

Nice in theory, but I honestly dont think they give a rats now.
The whole Mylink/AC with the VF has been a disaster from day 1 and if they wanted to fix it, they could have 3 years on.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Electrical Gremilns Lately

Air con blowing hot and cold
My link reverse lines didn't come on stayed on camera for 5 minutes up road screen then went black 5 minutes started again.
Car wouldn't start other day just said steering column fault totally froze Waited 10 minutes then ignition turned off then started ok.

I was planning on keeping this car for 5+ years but now it is scaring me! 50000 kms 2 years should not have any issues

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon

I mentioned it at my last service a couple of months ago. The workshop checked it and said was ok as at the time the fault was not there which is understandable, but still frustrating

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
I'm starting to think twice now about getting a new Redline, it seems a lot of you are having quite a few issues/complaints with the VF's...not good "customer feedback" at all. I hope I'm wrong though as I still want one.