Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
:( VF SV6 STORM think i brought a lemon> 10,000 K and already has had a hole in the rear resignator, faulty wiring harness which was glued by Holden under warranty, faulty My Link THE Sat Nav drops out and constantly turns itself off and on, Air conditioning thats not cold, Loss of steering whilst driving and engine light has come on several times and had to be towed. Runs like a dirty old diesel.. Grrrr... Anyone want to buy my **** box VF STORM NOT HAPPY JAN.

Sad isn't it but I do believe in LEMON cars, your just unlucky mate as I know a few that have VF SV6 storms or just SV6's in the Vf range and some were purchased from from Hire companies and they are all very reliable. Treat the car like a Human body. Not all of us die of Cancer at 15 years old, Not all of us lose our teeth at 22 years old, not all of us lose our hair at 30, and defiantly not all of the Population have strokes and Heart attacks at a ripe young age of 35 years old.
Just bad luck and sorry to hear this.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Apologies if this has been covered already, but has anyone else had power steering failure?

The wife had this happen in our Nov '13 Redline yesterday.

Took it straight to a dealer who diagnosed "steering rack failure", and to their credit, were able to replace same day.

According to the desk guy, they've been seeing a "bad batch" recently, and replacing.

Would this not trigger a recall?

If this had happened Saturday when we drove through the hills instead of Monday, I'm sure I would have put the whole family into the Armco doing 80km/h.......

EDIT: sounds like its this:-

Taxi drivers target Holden, claiming steering fault

There was a general recall to put special electrical conducting grease on the terminals of the steering electric motor. This was because some people were reporting loss of power to the steering, and upon investigation it turned out the electrical connection was bad on those units. However, this wasn't described as 'steering rack failure', so maybe your issue is different.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
This one's a bit odd, though doesn't rally bother me. Not sure if other's have noticed it though....

When the fuel gauge is just between 3/4 and full, when you stop and take off you can hear the fuel squishing around in the tank. It goes away once the fuel drops below 3/4 tank though

houndogss

houndogss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 6.0 SS
Yes it's quite noticeable and very disappointing, thankfully the cars have very many other redeeming features.

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
You shouldnt have to ask.
GMH have specified what oil is to be used and they should use it, not bloody well buy what ever is the cheapest oil to make a few extra dollars.
These dealers are part of the reason Holden went down hill and should be named and shamed.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
This one's a bit odd, though doesn't rally bother me. Not sure if other's have noticed it though....

When the fuel gauge is just between 3/4 and full, when you stop and take off you can hear the fuel squishing around in the tank. It goes away once the fuel drops below 3/4 tank though

Quite common in most cars, and 4wd dual cab utes, that I have driven, that have the fuel tank under the rear seat. Have noticed it in my vf, but just started to notice it in my amarok work ute after 90,000k's, sounded like something rolling around in the back when you stop.

gte300

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS wagon
My ss has just done 25k and My driver window starting to bottom out and makes a little thump. Not sure if it's just a window reg or something coming loose. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I think that is normal. My VF Calais V does the same. Window hitting the rubber stop

WW-VFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
So I have a VFII Redline, 2,500kms on the clock, went to the pharmacy yesterday, parked the car and when I returned, no go (wouldn't start). Called Holden assist, NRMA arrived and needed to jump start the car. So today took it in to my local dealer for them to check it over, surprise surprise :blah blah:, no fault found. They did say though that the car must always be locked when not in use??? I thought what the? but they said that the car does not shut off completely until it is locked. Has anyone heard anything about this? Love the car though :rockon:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I was never warned of that ... and I doubt they've changed the relevant systems from our VF to your VF2.
Ours isn't locked in the garage at home, and if the better-half is OS for work it doesn't usually get driven between weekends; if it was powered-up enough to cause problems, surely it'd happen under those circumstances?
I mean the thing won't let you run the radio for over half an hour or so without the engine on, hard to believe what the dealer is saying.
I reckon you've just hit one of those intermittent glitches that all VF owners have encountered at some stage (like the info-screen/MyLink rebooting itself).