Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Hello guys, thanks for your comments. The dealer was at a total loss. Everything looked as it should. We haven't got to the stage of discussing the periferal damage. They gave the car back and suggested we don't use the aircon. Have spoken to GMHQ and waiting on an outcome. On a good note I haven't experienced any other problems at all. 2,200ks on odometer. Will call the dealer in Darwin to see if they have experienced the problem.

Y

Yarsii

A/C drain grommet leak is a known common issue in both VE and VF.
Sometimes as simple as rubber grommet not seated correctly around drain pipe and just needs adjustment, other times HVAC box pushes down on rubber grommet and so the rubber grommet can't seal properly around drain pipe and water leaks into the footwells. That usually requires HVAC box replacement.

Koity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
View attachment 169846

Looking for advise from paint people here... Might be grasping at straws but anyway.

I have noticed this strange marking on the bonnet of the car. It looks a clear blob of jelly has splattered the car. It's definitely under the clear coat as I can't feel any bumps when running my finger over it. Overall it's about the size of a 20c coin.

It's only visible when looking up close. This was the best pic I could get.

Could this be a possible paint defect??

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Not a drop in mine Mate. I'd park it there and leave it until its fixed properly or replaced. Plus a VF to drive while they're at it.
I'd be concerned about future issues due to water ingress e.g. mould, rot, electrical, corrosion etc.

I'd also be looking for a poor fitting grommet or similar around the A/C.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Not an auto refinisher but if it's under the clear coat it must be a defect. Not so perfect blue hey :(

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Thanks YARSII and 426CUDA. I will follow that through.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
View attachment 169846

Looking for advise from paint people here... Might be grasping at straws but anyway.

I have noticed this strange marking on the bonnet of the car. It looks a clear blob of jelly has splattered the car. It's definitely under the clear coat as I can't feel any bumps when running my finger over it. Overall it's about the size of a 20c coin.

So it's not raised (even a mild hump) when you run your fingers over it? How about your fingernail?

If not, I'd say it's a paint defect - take it back to the dealer.

Ibsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute/VF SSV Sedan
View attachment 169846

I had the same thing on the right side of my ute (about 20m) not noticeable unless u stand and look from a angle in the sun. Had it checked by a Holden Rep and they decided it was a paint defect, having it resprayed next monday.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
yes i had the same thing took it back to the dealer and they got their paint & panel to fix it appeared they used some sort of cutting agent like a large crayon to remove it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk