Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
ok i've jinxed myself :( on the weekend, i had the the front passenger window down. I went to put it up, but it would bounce back down once it reached the top as if something was blocking it. i checked the window frame but there's nothing. weirdly enough, i went to try and put the window up later that night and it closed properly....

i'm too afraid to try put it back down again until i take it to the dealer for my 3000km check up. has anyone had this happen to them before?

actually this happened today for the first time, I checked to see if there was any blockage nothing... next time I tried it went up fine.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
My drivers seat creak is getting worse, I'm thinking the seat base might be stuffed. I'm 6"4 ~100kg, surely the seats were designed to take heavier blokes than me.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Not a huge issue but when the front passenger window is wound all the way down while playing music, it seems to rattle that particular door card..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Not a huge issue but when the front passenger window is wound all the way down while playing music, it seems to rattle that particular door card..

Mine is the drivers door when the window is up. They aren't fitted particularly well.

Koity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Has anyone experienced a squeak in the steering wheel/column at all? It has been happening to me at random times. Mostly when I am turning the steering wheel while the indicator is on.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
ok i've jinxed myself :( on the weekend, i had the the front passenger window down. I went to put it up, but it would bounce back down once it reached the top as if something was blocking it. i checked the window frame but there's nothing. weirdly enough, i went to try and put the window up later that night and it closed properly....

i'm too afraid to try put it back down again until i take it to the dealer for my 3000km check up. has anyone had this happen to them before?
Sounds like the anti-pinch system needs a relearn. Call up Holden and ask them to describe the procedure over the phone. On a previous model it was just a case of holding the window switch all the way in the up position and thus forcing the limit of the pinch program to be modified again. But it's been a while and im either wrong, or they've changed the protocol so you need GDS to fix it.

yool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Ute, 2013 SS Ute
I've done 600kays in my VFSS, bought at end of October. No issues with the car mechanically or electrically. But I drive my 07SVZ every couple of days as well, and compare the two for looks, comfort etc.

The VF clutch pedal sits really high. I have to lift my leg off the seat to get onto it, whereas the VZ I kinda slide my foot from the footrest onto the pedal. It's annoying, and makes gear changes a bit jerky sometimes. I've checked every other VF Manual I've come across, and they all seem the same. Maybe if I didn't have the other ute I wouldn't notice.

the A Pillars are massive.

Lastly, it uses a LOT of Fuel. But it's worth it:rofl2::rofl2: it goes really well, the engine is smooth and 270KW. I averaged 26l/100 for the first week:surprise: got it down to between 15 and 17 now, city driving with 300kg of tools in the back

Overall, I'm lovin' it.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
^^ excellent well done mate.
I'm sure the clutch will feel like second nature once you stop driving the SVZ ;)

slob63

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline auto xmas
Has anybody managed to hit the 260km per hour mark yet , best I have done is 247km stock redline auto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Has anybody managed to hit the 260km per hour mark yet , best I have done is 247km stock redline auto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd love to give it a go.. Not exactly sure where though.
I know there's willowbank drags an hour or so away..