Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
My arse got slightly sore on the 1st day of a long drive an my VE sv6.
Some one must have stuck a table spoon of cement up me whilst I slept as I HTFU after that and never got another sore arse.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My arse got slightly sore on the 1st day of a long drive an my VE sv6.
Some one must have stuck a table spoon of cement up me whilst I slept as I HTFU after that and never got another sore arse.

How far did you go?

stucatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm
Hi.

New SV6 Storm owner - picked one up in the runout deals last month and absolutely loving it.

Just one question that someone here might know about before I take it in for her first service : The temp gauge - I'm used to the temp guage inside cars, once they warm up, going to dead centre. The temp gauge on this one rests on one line BELOW centre. Either the SV6 storm has a beast of a cooling system or something isn't quite right here ? Even when I was stuck in traffic for 2.5 hrs last week, it didn't go any higher.

If anyone could let me know if their SV6 is the same or not, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, I'll have to bring it up when I take it in for the service.

Wh4l3s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8
mine is a v8 and sits in the same position. ive seen it ones or twice just over the line in 40degree traffic.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Hi.
The temp gauge - I'm used to the temp guage inside cars, once they warm up, going to dead centre. The temp gauge on this one rests on one line BELOW centre. Either the SV6 storm has a beast of a cooling system or something isn't quite right here ? Even when I was stuck in traffic for 2.5 hrs last week, it didn't go any higher.

If anyone could let me know if their SV6 is the same or not, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, I'll have to bring it up when I take it in for the service.

That's normal as everyone else says. Series 1 Calais V here. Never seen it hit 1/2 way so far. So I reckon the engine cooling system is very efficient.

stucatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm
That's normal as everyone else says. Series 1 Calais V here. Never seen it hit 1/2 way so far. So I reckon the engine cooling system is very efficient.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I feel better now.

Wow - that must be bloody efficient cooling. It's a hell of a car.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I feel better now.

Wow - that must be bloody efficient cooling. It's a hell of a car.

Or the gauge is a different range than you're used to reading.

stucatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm
Or the gauge is a different range than you're used to reading.

Quite possibly. But given that none of the cars that I have ever owned had the actual temp printed on the gauge, its too hard to tell.

In any case, if it's normal for other owners here then it's all cool (pardon the horrible dad joke there).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hi.

New SV6 Storm owner - picked one up in the runout deals last month and absolutely loving it.

Just one question that someone here might know about before I take it in for her first service : The temp gauge - I'm used to the temp guage inside cars, once they warm up, going to dead centre. The temp gauge on this one rests on one line BELOW centre. Either the SV6 storm has a beast of a cooling system or something isn't quite right here ? Even when I was stuck in traffic for 2.5 hrs last week, it didn't go any higher.

Pick my Storm up 2 weeks ago and its about the same on the temp side of things. Yes our new VF Storm was another Demo that had 1970K's on the clock, good price for a car with such low K's (under 34K). My old VR (1993 model) V6 never gets close to mid temp and it been like this for 20 years. Great super reliable car and I used it today to park in a demolition derby shopping centre. Yeah the VF SV6 stays at home. I have given the poor old girl to my Daughter.

The only other concern I have with my VF Storm is the accelerator as I think its a little stagey off the mark, You press it and press it and press harder and its off. Now My CV8Z that has drive by wire is not like this but at the same time I have noticed that the Accelerator pedal on the VF is closer to the side kick board than my other cars and because I'm Partly flat footed on the right foot my shoe presses on the accelerator but touches the side panel at the same time causing resistance of movement,
I need to test drive without the right shoe on.