Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Nothing...once you raised hell about ACL...

Not necessarily, the aftermarket suppliers have served owners of older cars well for years. Take a look at rare spares, you can buy remanufactured odds and sods for cars well over 40-50yrs old. A lot are better quality than OEM too.

Not wanting to go off topic, but nearly every part I've bought from Rares for my EK Holden is definitely nowhere near OEM quality. Most are cheap and nasty overseas manufactured parts that need a ton of work before they will fit.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
No idea if this is the correct part but check out this USA part for $47USD (not sure about shipping).

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Not wanting to go off topic, but nearly every part I've bought from Rares for my EK Holden is definitely nowhere near OEM quality. Most are cheap and nasty overseas manufactured parts that need a ton of work before they will fit.

I totally agree and to be fair it's not just Rare Spares.

There are other suppliers of remanufactured parts that target specific models where the copies are not up to scratch and require work to fit or my pet hate, the quality is sometime atrocious.

I'm pleased they're out there having a go as the parts they supply are greatly needed but when it comes to quality control some need to lift their game.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Rare spares can help for mechanical and body parts but I doubt you can buy a 1968 remanufactured car radio today.

You can buy modern radios with USB, Bluetooth and such with the retro fascia's to suit some of the more popular classic models and sometimes that's more than enough for many enthusiasts.

Here the Superfringe radio look alike for an XY Falcon, it also comes with the plain face (no press buttons) and also in 8 Track configuration.

XY Falcon Superfinger Copy.jpg

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yep. I've had similar experience in the past.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
You can buy modern radios with USB, Bluetooth and such with the retro fascia's to suit some of the more popular classic models and sometimes that's more than enough for many enthusiasts.

Here the Superfringe radio look alike for an XY Falcon, it also comes with the plain face (no press buttons) and also in 8 Track configuration.

View attachment 202641

I remember the 8 track in my uncles Phase III as a kid. It was a big wow factor in the early 70's.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I remember the 8 track in my uncles Phase III as a kid. It was a big wow factor in the early 70's.

I still have a box of 1970's 8 track cartridges in the shed but the player fell off the planet many years ago, I hope whoever took it off the shelf has put it to good use.