Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
sweet will give that a try might even go past panel beaters see what they think
I mentioned the in the 3rd reply to your original post
.. I’d think your car has been damaged and repaired/resprayed at some stage rather than a factory paint QC issue.

Note that crash repairs can even occur to new cars, pre delivery, where shonky dealers may not say anything... If you bought it new, I’d go talk to a repair/paint shop and get their advice and a report if in their opinion it’s been repaired. Then if it has been repaired I’d take it up with the selling dealer.
You seem fixated on overspray on your VIN plate yet don’t know what actual damage was done to your new car.,.

I wouldn’t clean up any overspray until you determine the extent of the repair and thus the extent of damage to your car...

In my mind, a new car should have no damage and should have no panel repair...if so you were sold a second hand vehicle and in that case, if it was me, I’d be outraged and I’d be looking for compensation or full refund and they can take the car back...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Cars can be damaged between coming of the assembly line and in transit to the dealership so a repair could have been carried out in that time
Yes I have seen this with my own eyes. At Strathpine Brisbane while out the back of this tyre place they was a compound ( A barbed wire fence) that was owned by a panel beater (out the back from prying eyes)and out there there was at least 20 new cars that had damage nose and rear damage. Some were severe, some were minor. This was the VE series of Cars that had the stickers on the windows from new. THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWS TO SELL THEM AS NEW!!!.
Out of the 20 odd there was few Camrays in there too. All the same Front and rear damage. Some were parked where I can see front and rear some were parked so you can see the front only or rear only

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Nothing, nothing at all is permitted to obscure or detract the details of the VIN plate in the engine bay e.g. any amount of paint overspray. It's not permitted by law. If there is overspray on the VIN plate, it is not a brand new car you have, but one that definitely has been through a repair to the body, proximal to the VIN plate. Now, get the car professionally inspected (e.g. by your insurer preferably, or by a panel repair shop, but they may not wish to be involved unless it was insurance-initiated) and if the review strongly suggests that a repair has been done, your next port of call is where you bought the car from.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Oh...Harry...