Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf hsv 4 pot callipers onto a Ve ssv

Frosty005

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v
Hi , just seeing if anyone can tell me what the standard front and rear disc size are on a ve ssv in diameter (not redline) ….and and how many piston the front and back callipers are ?
Has anyone changed there VE to VF HSV 4 piston callipers front and back with the 367 diameter discs ? If so Is there a noticeable difference?
or has anyone just upgraded the (front only) with the redline brembos ….if so was that a noticeable difference with better stopping power ? I am liking the the idea and look of the Vf HSV brakes all round but also like the look of deep dish rims that I can only fit on if I left the back and just went brembos on the front ….I’m torn what up do ?

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Hi , just seeing if anyone can tell me what the standard front and rear disc size are on a ve ssv in diameter (not redline) ….and and how many piston the front and back callipers are ?
Has anyone changed there VE to VF HSV 4 piston callipers front and back with the 367 diameter discs ? If so Is there a noticeable difference?
or has anyone just upgraded the (front only) with the redline brembos ….if so was that a noticeable difference with better stopping power ? I am liking the the idea and look of the Vf HSV brakes all round but also like the look of deep dish rims that I can only fit on if I left the back and just went brembos on the front ….I’m torn what up do ?
Standard front are: 321mm with a 2 piston caliper
Standard rear are: 324mm with a 1 piston caliper

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I put Brembo brakes on the back and front of a VE SS Ute. However they were not off a VF. I don't know if there is any difference between VE and VF Brembo's or why there would be. From memory the rotors were 355mm. The rear rotors may have been bigger. They certainly do make a big difference. As 75% of the braking is done by the front brakes fitting just the fronts is well worth while. Remember to make sure your wheels clear the callipers. Some 18" wheels will clear, not all 19" or above will clear. It's all to do with the offsets. Getting better pads will also make a big difference. I have ceramic pads on the front of my Redline. I have some Brembo's in my garage for the rear that I haven't bothered to fit because the braking is that good.

Frosty005

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v
I put Brembo brakes on the back and front of a VE SS Ute. However they were not off a VF. I don't know if there is any difference between VE and VF Brembo's or why there would be. From memory the rotors were 355mm. The rear rotors may have been bigger. They certainly do make a big difference. As 75% of the braking is done by the front brakes fitting just the fronts is well worth while. Remember to make sure your wheels clear the callipers. Some 18" wheels will clear, not all 19" or above will clear. It's all to do with the offsets. Getting better pads will also make a big difference. I have ceramic pads on the front of my Redline. I have some Brembo's in my garage for the rear that I haven't bothered to fit because the braking is that good.
Cheers for the info …. Appreciate it

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan