Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II SSV bimodal upgrades?

Jessiecv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV II REDLINE & ‘02 CV8
Hi,
I’ve had my VFII Redline for 2.5 years now. I’m just over how quiet it is! (Yes even with bimodal open and the fuse out)
I’ve been looking at a few exhaust options, ideally I’d like it as loud as she is on cold start up haha. The options I’m looking at are:
- remove real mufflers (but flange in pipes so can remove and reinstall mufflers if needed)
- cat back exhaust
- full system (ideally would rather not do that as I am building a hot rod and much rather the funds go into that engine)
So basically I’m trying to make the car louder and get away with it as cheap as possible. Has anyone done any of the above options?
My husband is worried that if I just remove the rear mufflers it will sound droney & bogan.
I also live in Adelaide, so any recommendations for exhaust shops would be welcome!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
HSV headers, HSV 2.5" mid section and your Holden rear vans will give a nice louder note at minimal cost. After market hiflow cats will take it up another level, but will most likely require a tune.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
What @426Cuda said.
I have the same setup on my L77 and love the sound and all up I think it was about $800 for tri Y headers of a 340kw hsv 2.5” mid section off a GTS and vf2 bimodals

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
id say just get a second hand catback off gumtree or facebook, i found my old man a walkinshaw (difilippo) catback for $600, sounds great/no drone much louder then the stock system!!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I added a HSV cat back mid section 2.5 inch pipe and it is loader now. Still have the Bi-modal valves to open and shut when needed.