Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II Windscreen washer pump access

Anthony Jones

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V Sportwagon
I suspect the windscreen washer pump has died on my wagon. I can hear the rear washer pump motor when the stalk is pushed forward but no noise or washer fluid from the front pump when the stalk is pulled. The front wipers still operate when the stalk is pulled. Front and rear pumps share a common fuse.
What is the easiest way to get access to the pump/motor to check power supply and or replace the pump assembly?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
A timely post, because I have discovered there is no washer fluid coming out of the tailgate wiper nozzle, and attempts to clear it (with a photographic blower) have not fixed it. I have identified the rubber tube on the driver-side upper fender lip leading to the rear nozzle, and disconnected this to try and suck any obstruction out with a syringe, but that also does not work. Hmm. Is the pump for the tailgate washer in the rear somewhere? As in the above post, no problem with front nozzles when activated.

Last edited:

Anthony Jones

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V Sportwagon
A timely post, because I have discovered there is no washer flui coming out of the tailgate wiper nozzle, and attempts to clear it (with a photographic blower) have not fixed it. I have identified the rubber tube on the driver side upper fender lip leading to the rear nozzle, and disconnected this to try and suck any obstruction out with a syringe, but that also does not work. Hmm. Is the pump for the tailgate washer in the rear somewhere? As in the above post, no problem with front nozzels when activated.
Hi Big Red. The pumps for both front and rear washers are on the reservoir so far as I can see. I just can't get my hand in there to pull the pumps out.
Can you here the rear pump whirring when you push the stork?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maaaate, a guy with my level of deafness would be lucky to hear a bomb going off...:rolleyes:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
From what I can see, the air box and associated whatnot to the throttle body have to be removed to gain clearance to the washer reservoir (?). Horror of horrors. Not something I will tinker with when I can't even load a roll of 120 film in a camera...drrrrft. :(

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Get a copy of the VF workshop manual as it seems an involved procedure to remove the washer bottle from the front left of the vehicle so you can then remove the washer pump from the bottle itself.

You’d want to be sure it’s the washer pump that's not working before going down that path.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
From what I can see, the air box and associated whatnot to the throttle body have to be removed to gain clearance to the washer reservoir (?). Horror of horrors. Not something I will tinker with when I can't even load a roll of 120 film in a camera...drrrrft. :(

Front of the car up on ramps.
Remove the lower tray from front bumper.
Reservoir and pump should be accessible.