Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF models production end dates

jordhicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
?
I was reading an article about an elderly Tamworth couple who have only ever bought Holdens recently purchased the 'last ever' Holden Calais to be produced in Australia.

Here is the link: northerndailyleader.com.au/story/4640428/are-these-tamworths-biggest-holden-fans/

I'd assume that they worded it wrongly and meant that VF is the last ever *Australian-made* Commodore rather than it being the last Calais produced.

However, that got me thinking, whilst October 20, is the last day for Holden, does anyone know when the lesser sought after models will finish production (Evoke, Calais, Caprice, maybe SV6 etc)

Also, is the ute going to finish earlier like Falcon last year or soilder on right until October?

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
chevy ss and Us police cars I believe had been completed already.

Interested to see when the evoke go's as you don't see many(apart from cop cars)

jordhicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
?

Interested to see when the evoke go's as you don't see many(apart from cop cars)

Yeah, I saw that the other day, end of an era, was so cool that the US customer asked for signatures. Hopefully, Holden allows the workers to do this to some of our final vehicles.

I think Evoke will be produced right up until 19 October, maybe even early 20 October because they will be in hot demand from fleet buyers.

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2

I don't know why would anyone would go with the Evoke other then police and fleet companies cause that extra $4000-$5000 can get you a better equipped SV6 which has Leather steering wheel,210kw 3.6 V6 engine,18 inch alloy wheels,lip spoiler,heads up display,blind spot assist,Sat Nav,dual exhaust pipes,Kenetic Suede and Sportec appointed sports seats,Leather Wrap Gear Selector,Reverse Traffic Alert,Keyless Entry and Push-Button Start with Sensor Key and a more aggressive front bumper with DRL's.

I believe that he SV6 inc the special Black Edition is one of the top sellers beside the SS-V redline so I don't think Holden will stop producing them before the factory closes, after all the SV6 is the mainstream model where most people can afford.

I also notice that a lot of Evoke's have DRL's now and i'm wondering if it's an option Holden now has available or it's a aftermarket light cause it's not listed on the Holden website at all.

cp5713400371078007060.jpg

cc5107465422072144537.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Given that dealers have their final allocations, I think this article is saying that the buyers have purchased the last Calais to be allocated to the Birneys dealership at Tamworth. That would make sense as Calais numbers would be a very small proportion of final production and country allocations are probably only one or two per dealer for the whole of 2017.

Regarding Evoke production. To me the Evoke never looked right, as if the designers weren't really interested in it and wanted to focus on the higher spec models. It's grille sucks. The standard alloys are fugly and the bum is basic. Only the interior is acceptable.

jordhicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
?
Given that dealers have their final allocations, I think this article is saying that the buyers have purchased the last Calais to be allocated to the Birneys dealership at Tamworth. That would make sense as Calais numbers would be a very small proportion of final production and country allocations are probably only one or two per dealer for the whole of 2017.

Regarding Evoke production. To me the Evoke never looked right, as if the designers weren't really interested in it and wanted to focus on the higher spec models. It's grille sucks. The standard alloys are fugly and the bum is basic. Only the interior is acceptable.
Thanks for your clarification, they probably meant last Holden Calais to arrive at the dealer, as you say.

The Evoke would have certainly improved with DRL's and alloys.

jordhicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
?
I don't know why would anyone would go with the Evoke other then police and fleet companies cause that extra $4000-$5000 can get you a better equipped SV6 which has Leather steering wheel,210kw 3.6 V6 engine,18 inch alloy wheels,lip spoiler,heads up display,blind spot assist,Sat Nav,dual exhaust pipes,Kenetic Suede and Sportec appointed sports seats,Leather Wrap Gear Selector,Reverse Traffic Alert,Keyless Entry and Push-Button Start with Sensor Key and a more aggressive front bumper with DRL's.

I believe that he SV6 inc the special Black Edition is one of the top sellers beside the SS-V redline so I don't think Holden will stop producing them before the factory closes, after all the SV6 is the mainstream model where most people can afford.

I also notice that a lot of Evoke's have DRL's now and i'm wondering if it's an option Holden now has available or it's a aftermarket light cause it's not listed on the Holden website at all.

cp5713400371078007060.jpg

cc5107465422072144537.jpg
That is the limited edition International model that was introduced in 2013 to celebrate Commodore's 35th anniversary. This model introduced many new features, such as DRL's and new alloys as well as leather and safety enhancements for a slight price increase. The International looks a lot better than Evoke! Although, some people are probably putting the International bumper on their Evoke, much like some Evoke's I see roaming around with SV6 wheels.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Just checked my local Holden dealers' stock lists (only 2 dealers in town), there are plenty of SV6, few Redline but no ute and no wagon. Perhaps the dealers are withholding those to make more money?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This late in production I think they would focus on those models which still dominate sales. Wagon and ute sales might have diminished to the point where production will only be made in small batches. I doubt that any dealer would be withholding stock as their floor plans need constant sales to enable them to survive.

If they think it's been hard surviving over recent years, I think it's going to get a lot tougher when they are only selling imports.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
When I was looking at updating my V6 wagon in February with a Calais V Wagon and was after delivery in late September due to personal circumstances, I was told that Wagon production would be ceasing in June. I then tried to get a Director without success and then placed an order for an MSE with a delivery of late Sept which meets my circumstances. I was happy to keep my existing Calais V wagon and was happy to be able to order an MSE. I am not sure if I told BS by the dealer about the june deadline for wagons.