Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF models production end dates

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
Our dealership has 1 redline ute, and 1 redline wagon left for the year, no sv6, Calais, or Ss's.

I wouldn't say we have heaps of sedan stock, but a lot more than ute/wagon. We got 1 Calais V8 wagon for the year, and it sold straight away in Jan.

Redlinewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 - SSV Redline Sportwagon
When I was looking at updating my V6 wagon in February with a Calais V Wagon and was after delivery in late September due to personal circumstances, I was told that Wagon production would be ceasing in June. I then tried to get a Director without success and then placed an order for an MSE with a delivery of late Sept which meets my circumstances. I was happy to keep my existing Calais V wagon and was happy to be able to order an MSE. I am not sure if I told BS by the dealer about the june deadline for wagons.

Hey mate,
Where did you hear June is end of production for the wagon? As my wagon is scheduled for June 16 build

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
Hey mate,
Where did you hear June is end of production for the wagon? As my wagon is scheduled for June 16 build
It definitely isn't June, fairly sure there's a wagon scheduled for august build.

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Be good to know the final 2017 build numbers for all models. Personally I'd like to know how many Redline utes were sold in 2017. Don't think they are rare or anything as all series 2 are pretty much the same. Just interested in final numbers for 2017.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
As in my post, my source was my dealer so it most likely is BS but basically I was trying to get around a sept build and delivery and he told me that June was the final deadline build for wagons and I could arrange for a delivery in sept but it would be a june build. As I already had a VF wagon, I decided to keep it and buy an MSE as my second car so there was no pressure for a quick sale. The MSE is scheduled for a late Sept delivery which suits me fine.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It would be interesting to know what the last week of production will comprise. Will they only be building private orders? Will they be filling out final government contracts? Will they be Evokes or SV6's? And what will the very last car down the line, which is guaranteed to be kept by the company, be? My tip is a Calais.

And final question. How many Holden's will have been built since 1948 when production ceases?

Last edited:

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
It would be interesting to know what the last week of production will comprise. Will they only be building private orders? Will they be filling out final government contracts? Will they be Evokes or SV6's? And what will the very last car down the line, which is guaranteed to be kept by the company, be? My tip is a Calais.

It will be a redline I recon

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
They should stick one of those Limited Badges in the engine compartment on the final 100 Commodore's that will go down the line to make the those owners of those cars feel special.

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2

And final question. How many Holden's will have been built since 1948 when production ceases?

The first VF that rolled down the line was an Calais-V so hopefully it will end with a SS-V Redline to give the Lion factory the final ROAR with Katy Perry's song playing in the background.

vf-commodore-begins-regular-production-calais-v-2.jpg