Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ownership

Rastis

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY14 VF SS Ute
G'day folks - apologies if this is in the wrong section I don't use forums very often.

After much deliberation and years of saving of my pennies I finally bit the bullet and purchased myself a slice of Australian automotive history before they become too expensive.

Pp3dMx8.jpg

I've wanted an SS Ute since I was knee high and finally I've got my hands on a nice silver MY14 VF SS. It needs a small amount of work done to the tailgate and has just shy of 120,000 ks on it but nonetheless drives well and so far has had no issues - owner even threw in the original rims for free!

I am however new to the SS club and I'm seeking some advice on ownership and any tips and tricks owners can share with me; things I should know and should look out for.

Cheers

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Love the silver mate, you don’t see too many of them around.

Rastis

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY14 VF SS Ute
Love the silver mate, you don’t see too many of them around.

Hey cheers mate! Yeah I've always been found of the Nitrate silver and I'm pretty fortunate I snagged this one as about five other people were eyeing it up. A mate of mine had a 2008 VE SS-V sedan in a similar colour and it always turned heads.

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Welcome, nice Ute, stylish in silver enjoy

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I've always wanted either a black or a white vf ss and managed to get a great deal on my manual nitrate ss redline, I've gone a bit different with the wheel colour but I think silver is very forgiving, you can definitely experiment.
Resized_20200523_200334.jpeg

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
G'day folks - apologies if this is in the wrong section I don't use forums very often.

After much deliberation and years of saving of my pennies I finally bit the bullet and purchased myself a slice of Australian automotive history before they become too expensive.

I've wanted an SS Ute since I was knee high and finally I've got my hands on a nice silver MY14 VF SS. It needs a small amount of work done to the tailgate and has just shy of 120,000 ks on it but nonetheless drives well and so far has had no issues - owner even threw in the original rims for free!

I am however new to the SS club and I'm seeking some advice on ownership and any tips and tricks owners can share with me; things I should know and should look out for.

Cheers

Welcome to the world of SS Utes, it looks great.

How about a few more photos to give us a better feel for it.

Auto or manual?

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Congrats, looks good.

Most mods round here seem to be either suspension, OTR/tune related or brake upgrades. Easy, cheap(ish) and address a few of the common improvement areas. Lots of thread around in the VF section, hit up the search button with what you're after.

For now though enjoy the new ride.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
Congratulations, the black wheels with silver go really well along with the black highlights. Maybe blackout some of the chrome trim, I've recently done OTR CAI and tune, best bang for buck and highly recommended to 'open it up' a bit :)

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
SNRH4AI.jpg

Which repairer should I trust?