Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF purchase advice

roberj33

Reaction score
Members Ride
N.a
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a second VF SS/SSV/Redline ute, I would love a Redline, however, id settle for an SS, its all got to do with the price.
Has anyone regretted not purchasing a high spec model? I actually much prefer the seats on the base SS, but like the other gadgets.
Also, has anyone heard any rumours/know something about a new rear end? i'd be spewing if i got one, and the rear end changed for the 16' model
Cheers

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Yup there's a revised rear end coming for utes and sportswagon! Also, the V8 is upgraded to a 6.2 litre. Campfire rumors have the series 2 as slightly more expensive.
As for top spec model - you can probably buy better after market upgrades (brembo brakes, stiffer suspension, staggered wheels) for comparable money between the ssv and the redline. With that said, the redline is very capable performance right out of the box.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
SS represents the best bang for buck in the VF series, not as if it's short on features and from what I can see you really need to get into a Redline model for the decent upgrades (ie HUD, competition mode, suspension, wheels, brakes etc) but you're paying for it too. It's not like previous years where you needed an SSV to get decent seats, dual zone, colour screen etc, SS has it all standard now. VE series 1 you probably would have regret it. Nowadays you can't go wrong whichever you choose.

Probably wait for the MY16 though, right around the corner..

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
I got a steal with my ssv ,just over a year ago now. 39k drive away, phantom black manual. Frigging awesome ute and the best looking car where I live...maybe Ol mates vf hsv senator .... Anyway, I was hot for a redline but read up ,right here, how lots of folks really hate the head up display, rain sensing wipers and toward collusion alert. Then I thought about what I really wanted. Did I want the redline's lower and stiffer suspension..nuh! It's the weekend drive for me and the missus, want the smoother ride. Did I want launch control? Nuh..wouldn't ever use it..
Love the ssv , keeping this one til they put me in a box!

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
I got a steal with my ssv ,just over a year ago now. 39k drive away, phantom black manual. Frigging awesome ute and the best looking car where I live...maybe Ol mates vf hsv senator .... Anyway, I was hot for a redline but read up ,right here, how lots of folks really hate the head up display, rain sensing wipers and toward collusion alert. Then I thought about what I really wanted. Did I want the redline's lower and stiffer suspension..nuh! It's the weekend drive for me and the missus, want the smoother ride. Did I want launch control? Nuh..wouldn't ever use it..
Love the ssv , keeping this one til they put me in a box!

Ive got the redline. The forward collision alert is good although goes off at random times as with the rain sensimg wipers. Launch control, you guessed it not used in my car, the ride in mine was fairly stiff for the first 2000kms but has softened into a very comfortable ride now. Head up display, love it, dont have to take eyes off the road at all. That being said, 3 speedometers is a little ridiculous but i dont use the digital in dash or the analog since i have the hud

Graham downunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais
Got to say I love the HUD and it has saved me a speeding ticket already .Auto sensing wipers haven't been a problem ,Collison alert has had a few false alarms it adjustable but its great when using the cruise control on a freeway and a jerk pulling into my lane and then slowing ! .

Enjoy the new ride ,I went for a Calais V V8 wagon so I have a softer suspension than SS as I am tired of all the bumps on our poor quality road and I need to fit the family in .Has anyone found out how to stop the wife taking YOUR car all the time and not end up in the dog house ?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS