Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Speaking of mirrors has any one figured out how or if you can fit dipping pass mine mirror to Redlines?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Random question.
In my Calais V one of the interior lights where the door handle has blown on the drivers side. Has anyone replaced these? Easy to do? Or just get a dealer to get it done?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Speaking of mirrors has any one figured out how or if you can fit dipping pass mine mirror to Redlines?
my understanding is the dipping mirror is controlled by the same stupid module as the calais seat memory, so i wouldn't expect an easy change over.
its really annoying the readline has neither of these features.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
my understanding is the dipping mirror is controlled by the same stupid module as the calais seat memory, so i wouldn't expect an easy change over.
its really annoying the readline has neither of these features.

Same with utes...

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So yesterday when I got home , drove into the garage, opened the boot, closed drivers door and got my bag out of the boot and closed it.
Put my work clothes in the laundry and when I walked back into the garage, the drivers parking light was on, but not on, on the passenger side. So I looked at the back of the car, sure enough only the drivers tail light was on. The car was already locked with passive entry/exit.
Anyway I got in started it, turned it off, got out, waited for it to lock and it was back to normal.
Only thing I can think of is maybe the battery is about to go. It's an April 14 build and still the original battery.
Anyone had this?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
So yesterday when I got home , drove into the garage, opened the boot, closed drivers door and got my bag out of the boot and closed it.
Put my work clothes in the laundry and when I walked back into the garage, the drivers parking light was on, but not on, on the passenger side. So I looked at the back of the car, sure enough only the drivers tail light was on. The car was already locked with passive entry/exit.
Anyway I got in started it, turned it off, got out, waited for it to lock and it was back to normal.
Only thing I can think of is maybe the battery is about to go. It's an April 14 build and still the original battery.
Anyone had this?
Im not sure if the VF's do this. But i know on my Golf, and other Euro cars if you leave the indicator on, and turn the ignition off it will illuminate the parkers on that side of the car.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
double post

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Im not sure if the VF's do this. But i know on my Golf, and other Euro cars if you leave the indicator on, and turn the ignition off it will illuminate the parkers on that side of the car.

The last 2 corners were left turns with the indicator, I might have bumped it when I got out, but it would have come on when I restarted the car.
It's the only time I've had this in 4 years of happy motoring.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
someone posted on here about build numbers of SSV etc

Got a reply from holden on 2016 SS manual production numbers and in black, not many manuals around

upload_2018-11-8_12-26-55.png

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Anyone replaced the useless horn on a VF2?