Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Hmm...ads like this http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...ategory=33704&pm=1&ds=0&t=1557070815000&ver=0
are for purportedly genuine Holden ‘sports’ steering wheels and state ‘for AUTOMATIC SPORTS models only’ so you may be out of luck with a LUXURY model...I never thought about this previously but to tell the truth I optioned ours because I didn’t want the standard steering wheel but preferring the smaller, flat bottomed...the paddle shifts were an added bonus. I also regularly drive a VF CalaisV and love the comfortable feel of the standard padded wheel.

The linked ad above also invites to ring with questions...

I'm also after the better feel that the sports steering offers. I felt the perforated leather and its shape makes it a bit more comfortable/ offers better grip. Shift Paddles will rarely be used. The price offered was $700 (fitted). Having the paddle shifts would justify the price, but its a bit too much to spend for just comfort/ grip.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I'm also after the better feel that the sports steering offers. I felt the perforated leather and its shape makes it a bit more comfortable/ offers better grip. Shift Paddles will rarely be used. The price offered was $700 (fitted). Having the paddle shifts would justify the price, but its a bit too much to spend for just comfort/ grip.
But if you have a CalaisV then you already have perforated leather wheel??

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wouldn’t yours be like this one??

Attachments

• 25B407D5-0CC0-43E5-ADC0-313AAEC466A3.jpeg
    25B407D5-0CC0-43E5-ADC0-313AAEC466A3.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 144

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Wouldn’t yours be like this one??

I think the picture shows a perforated leather version. Doesn't it?

Well, my steering wheel does have the flat bottom shape. The difference is that I have normal leather & not the perforated leather. I have driven my friend's SSV Redline and its steering wheel felt better to hold. Not sure if it was just the perforated leather.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride

Well, my steering wheel does have the flat bottom shape. The difference is that I have normal leather & not the perforated leather. I have driven my friend's SSV Redline and its steering wheel felt better to hold. Not sure if it was just the perforated leather.
Yes that pic (sorry, I know it is poor res) is what I am calling the perforated leather...perforations are probably most obvious at about 10o’clock in that pic. The leather $700 paddle shift wheels optioned are not perforated but I find pretty much equally comfortable due to their smaller (and although I’ve not actually measured circumferences, I believe thicker and more plush leather) and flat bottom when compared to standard SV6 and SS steering wheels.

It’s just that I also regularly drive a my14 CalaisV which is Mum’s car since Dad passed away in 2016. It has the perforated wheel as in the pic and I was quite certain it was standard??..and so thought yours should have it also....I know Dad bought the car as an undriven demo off the showroom floor but I (and I think Dad assumed also) that it was all standard CalaisV.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

If you're after a steering wheel that feels better in the hands, find an HSV steering wheel.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Yes that pic (sorry, I know it is poor res) is what I am calling the perforated leather...perforations are probably most obvious at about 10o’clock in that pic. The leather $700 paddle shift wheels optioned are not perforated but I find pretty much equally comfortable due to their smaller (and although I’ve not actually measured circumferences, I believe thicker and more plush leather) and flat bottom when compared to standard SV6 and SS steering wheels.

It’s just that I also regularly drive a my14 CalaisV which is Mum’s car since Dad passed away in 2016. It has the perforated wheel as in the pic and I was quite certain it was standard??..and so thought yours should have it also....I know Dad bought the car as an undriven demo off the showroom floor but I (and I think Dad assumed also) that it was all standard CalaisV.

Confusions confusions. I bought the car used - was in mint condition, used by department of justice. So I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have any optional items on it. But now that you have brought that possibility up, let me dig a bit deeper. Cheers!!

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Confusions confusions. I bought the car used - was in mint condition, used by department of justice. So I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have any optional items on it. But now that you have brought that possibility up, let me dig a bit deeper. Cheers!!
Yeah I would say that for some reason someone has swapped out the original wheel...below is a better pic of what the original should be..
Note also the collision alert button to the left of the cruise control on the very left of the wheel...as annoying as that alert can be (but at least it can be easily turned off with this button) it will be blanked out on lesser than CalaisV & SSV models.

Attachments

• F7BCCB5A-DA11-4DE7-ABA4-B41D3FF0E001.jpeg
    F7BCCB5A-DA11-4DE7-ABA4-B41D3FF0E001.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 150