Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I’m sure one of us here can help ship it out to you.
Very kind of you to offer and I may just take you up on that. :D

I'll check the availability and price here with my local stealership next week. Meant to today but forgot to before I got involved in finishing the prep work in my shed for the sparky next week. Bloody shipping from anywhere seems to cost twice or three times as much as whatever it is you're buying these days.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Came across this - https://newatlas.com/automotive/two-piece-con-rod-thunder/
Sounds like an interesting concept. I hope someone does an independent testing of the claims.
Doesn’t compute will Robinson…

The combustion pressures don’t change and simply put torque is a function of leverage so how can a shorter crank lever provide more torque?

And if it wasn’t for those outriggers within the top part of the rod, those wiggly outrigger bits that press against the inside of the piston skits, we must see increasing piston bore side loads and the whole arrangement would likely fold at the mid joint and jamb up in the piston bore of not for those outriggers…

Added to that, people spend silly money trying to make the rotating assembly as light as possible so as to maximise RPM capacity but this obviously much heavier arrangement (like for like) flies contrary to such established notions…

Really if it wasn’t presented at SEMA I’d have thought it was an old April fools joke. I’m still waiting for some punch line and the cymbal and drum sound :rolleyes:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Doesn’t compute will Robinson…

The combustion pressures don’t change and simply put torque is a function of leverage so how can a shorter crank lever provide more torque?

And if it wasn’t for those outriggers within the top part of the rod, those wiggly outrigger bits that press against the inside of the piston skits, we must see increasing piston bore side loads and the whole arrangement would likely fold at the mid joint and jamb up in the piston bore of not for those outriggers…

Added to that, people spend silly money trying to make the rotating assembly as light as possible so as to maximise RPM capacity but this obviously much heavier arrangement (like for like) flies contrary to such established notions…

Really if it wasn’t presented at SEMA I’d have thought it was an old April fools joke. I’m still waiting for some punch line and the cymbal and drum sound :rolleyes:

I agree. Sounds counter-intuitive/ too good to be true.
I was expecting a drum-roll when I played the video. I checked my speakers and then realised that the video has no sound :D

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I was expecting a drum-roll when I played the video. I checked my speakers and then realised that the video has no sound :D
Yeah no sound and I also waited to the end but didn’t hear a tish-boom :p:p:p