Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
This is a stupid question but I can not seem to get a good answer anywhere, and there are at least a dozen posts on the US cite about it. Can someone tell me/measure the placement for the SSV badge on VF series 1? I am finishing my conversion and haven't placed the door/boot lid badges on because I haven't been able to find the correct specs for placement.

Thank you for the help.
Tom

Hope you've got your Metric ruler close by.

USHoldenFan

Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 Perfect Blue Chevrolet SS/2005 PBM Pontiac GTO
You guys are the best! I will have pictures up tonight so tomorrow for you all. I am going to steal the pictures and cross post them on the US cite, there are a lot of guys looking for this.

Thank you!
Tom

USHoldenFan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got into a holden dealership with a measuring tape. I cant help you as i have a ute.

I have wanted a UTE for years. I was excited when they were supposed to bring them over right before Pontiac got shut down. A couple years later three came over for hot rod power tour and that just made it worse.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
You guys are the best! I will have pictures up tonight so tomorrow for you all. I am going to steal the pictures and cross post them on the US cite, there are a lot of guys looking for this.

Thank you!
Tom

No problems mate. Which site are you using them on, wouldn't mind having a look around at what you guys are doing over there.

USHoldenFan

Reaction score
Members Ride
No problems mate. Which site are you using them on, wouldn't mind having a look around at what you guys are doing over there.
SSforums.com lots of good builds going on over here. I use mine as a daily driver and the GTO is the fun car that I am slowly building out.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
SSforums.com lots of good builds going on over here. I use mine as a daily driver and the GTO is the fun car that I am slowly building out.

Cool thanks, what's your user name over there?

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
I have wanted a UTE for years. I was excited when they were supposed to bring them over right before Pontiac got shut down. A couple years later three came over for hot rod power tour and that just made it worse.

If you still like to get a Holden ute go to left hand Utes I think they are in California they important SSV Utes from Oz and converts them to left hand drive. Seen a test drive of one on YouTube.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
If you still like to get a Holden ute go to left hand Utes I think they are in California they important SSV Utes from Oz and converts them to left hand drive. Seen a test drive of one on YouTube.
They are probley over priced.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
They are probley over priced.
The conversion process is very complex and expensive. Whatever the laws are around it, the cars imported from Australia, have to be legal write offs and then a repairable donor car in the US has to be found. Finally the two are bought together to make the new "Holden". The work looks great, but its not something you consider buying if you have to ask how much.